• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Baurice

No Audio!

Question

Hi everyone

I am using a MacBook Pro, with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz with and was happily using EV2D4M with Leopard. I upgraded to Snow Leopard hadn't tried EV2D4M but upgraded to 1.0.3 as suggested when i then EV2D4M - and have now lost audio!

I have tried all suggestions so far, reinstalled 1.0.2 (no luck) then 1.0.3 (same).

Problem seems to be with programme as input/source shows sound is occurring in system preferences panel when i select USB 2861 input. No output via EV2D4M.

Suggestions anyone?

Cheers

Andrew

8 answers to this question

Update!

I have just run E2D4M on my older PPC Imac running leopard and it works! So problem is somewhere between Macbook Pro, snow leopard and the EV2D4M programme. As I said in earlier post Macbook Pro has signal coming in but doesn't show up in EV2D4M!

Silence is golden! (not!!!)

Any help appreciated

Thx in advance

Andrew

Sorry, but I haven't upgraded to Snow Leopard because I'm waiting for Roxio to release its update for Toast 10. So I can't check if there is a compatibility issue with my EV2D4M and 10.6. When I first read your post I wondered if you are having an odd USB issue. Strange USB behavior sometimes happens after doing system updates. The cure for these is to download the latest combined system update and apply it on top of the existing system. It does no harm and may fix the issue. Users who have a no audio issue sometimes find it working if using a different USB port or unplugging and plugging back in the device. I've read some posts in which they don't plug in the device until after they launch the application.

Hi tsantee!

Thanks for the reply

Have tried different USB ports but to no avail!

No combo update for SL yet but reinstalled 10.6.1 anyway.

Downloaded latest E2VD4M ans reinstalled

Removed all sound and roxio preferences plists

Switched off.

Waited.

Powered up but ISQ!!!!!!

Bugger as they say in NZ

I'm stumped!

Cheers 4 now

Andrew

Update!

I have just run E2D4M on my older PPC Imac running leopard and it works! So problem is somewhere between Macbook Pro, snow leopard and the EV2D4M programme. As I said in earlier post Macbook Pro has signal coming in but doesn't show up in EV2D4M!

Silence is golden! (not!!!)

Any help appreciated

Thx in advance

Andrew

Try launching the application, then on the audio preview screen, unplug the USB device from your Mac and plugging it back in.

Just purchased the software, and I have attempted my first VHS to DVD and the step one appeared to work that is VHS into Mac video and sound was audioable via my mac but then I attempted to transfer to dvd and the disk has the video but no sound?? help

Just purchased the software, and I have attempted my first VHS to DVD and the step one appeared to work that is VHS into Mac video and sound was audioable via my mac but then I attempted to transfer to dvd and the disk has the video but no sound?? help

Can you hear audio when the DVD is played on your Mac? If so then the problem is a setting in your DVD player. Go to the DVD player's set up screen and in the audio setup select the one that converts MPEG audio to PCM. Different manufacturers give this setting different names but hopefully you will find it.