• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't even create a simple slideshow

mprowell

Question

Just trying to create a simnple slideshow and save as VCD, but it does not even come close to working.

1) Preview - will not show anything but a black box

2) Try to burn anyway and it goes thru the first step of encoding fine, but when it hits "encoding menu" it locks up.

3) Same symptoms in MyDVD, DvdExpress, VideoWave, etc.....no preview. Also, the menu creation options do no work at all.

I can burn using regular data copy functions with no problem. The multimedia aspects of EMC8 do not seem to work at all.

I have read thru various help pages, manuals, and this forum but can not find a solution to this problem.

EMC 8 build 806B071

Win2k SP4

P4 3Ghz

1 Gb Ram

GeForce 6800 dirver version 84.21

Directx 9c

Thank you for any assistance with this.

5 answers to this question

I would bet it was a problem with DirectX. Glad you got it fixed and having a larger drive is nice, too.

I am considering upgrading to this Creator 8, because I deperately need an easier way to get slideshows to dvd or vcd.

I make my slideshows in Powerpoint right now, because no other program that I have found, but this one, will let you put more then one picture on a slide. I like to fly them on and off the screen and add animations.

From reading the posts here, it sound like this version has a few problems with the slideshows.

Please give me some answers, and try to convince me to buy this program. :)

Thanks Lisa

I am considering upgrading to this Creator 8, because I deperately need an easier way to get slideshows to dvd or vcd.

I make my slideshows in Powerpoint right now, because no other program that I have found, but this one, will let you put more then one picture on a slide. I like to fly them on and off the screen and add animations.

From reading the posts here, it sound like this version has a few problems with the slideshows.

Please give me some answers, and try to convince me to buy this program. :)

Thanks Lisa

Your questions are being answered in the other thread.

It is now working - my hard drive free space was relatively low. There was about 4Gb free. I added a WD320 SATA drive and reinstalled windows and directx and all is well.

Directx was reporting version 9c before so my problem was either not enough free drive space or directx was somehow corrupted and the reinstall fixed it.

Thanks for your response.

GeForce 6800 dirver version 84.21

Directx 9c

You seem to have to latest nVidia driver. Make sure you have the latest DirectX. Get it here.

One user posted awhile back, that updating the motherboard AGP drivers worked for him. His mobo had the VIA AGP chipset. May want to check that out too if you have the VIA chipset.

Archived