MiaV

Compatibility with Snow Leopard

Question

Does anyone know whether Easy VHS to DVD for Mac is compatible with Snow Leopard? Currently runs well on my system with 10.5.8.

I have to say I'm disappointed that Roxio doesn't make an explicit statement that the software doesn't work on Snow Leopard. Sure, I accept my responsibility in not checking that out before buying. However considering how long Leopard has been out, Roxio's current aggressive promotion for the product seems less than up front. I hope they create the fix soon and are gracious in it's release.

According to the product requirements they now say it is compatible with snow leopard but if you look under software updates there is nothing new. Either they are requiring us to buy another package or the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Edited by danpet

According to the product requirements they now say it is compatible with snow leopard but if you look under software updates there is nothing new. Either they are requiring us to buy another package or the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Nice work danpet!!!

post-39730-1269944095.jpg

I doubt if there will be an update or even a software upgrade available to past users… On the PC side of V2D this is what happened when Win7 came out. The old version was not compatible and the only "upgrade" was to Buy New! :(

Nice work danpet!!!

I doubt if there will be an update or even a software upgrade available to past users… On the PC side of V2D this is what happened when Win7 came out. The old version was not compatible and the only "upgrade" was to Buy New! :(

We need an official Roxio statement on this. How did 10.6 compatibility come about?

Addendum: I just got a confirmation that the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac always stated on the box that it is supported in OS 10.6 and that it was just an oversight not to include that on the system requirements page.

Another Addendum: I found the cause for my problem. The piece that has the RCA and S-video connectors at one end and a mini-USB plug at the other end is defective. I have a similar connector from my EyeTV Hybrid and using it instead to connect to the Roxio unit solves the problem. By the way, the Roxio-supplied piece only transmitted one channel of audio so it is defective. What I thought was an OS 10.6 compatibility issue is actually a Roxio connector issue.

Edited by tsantee

We need an official Roxio statement on this. How did 10.6 compatibility come about?

Addendum: I just got a confirmation that the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac always stated on the box that it is supported in OS 10.6 and that it was just an oversight not to include that on the system requirements page.

Another Addendum: I found the cause for my problem. The piece that has the RCA and S-video connectors at one end and a mini-USB plug at the other end is defective. I have a similar connector from my EyeTV Hybrid and using it instead to connect to the Roxio unit solves the problem. By the way, the Roxio-supplied piece only transmitted one channel of audio so it is defective. What I thought was an OS 10.6 compatibility issue is actually a Roxio connector issue.

6 Months and not one single user noticed that 10.6 was listed on their box???

You really swallow that one :lol::D:lol:

What are you talking about? Clearly on the first page, 10.6 was not listed. It is now listed and the software wasn't updated at all/

Roxio is SCAMMING customers by selling them this incredibly buggy software. If I have to buy mpeg2, then list it. If it doesn't work with 10.6m don't list it (when I bought it, 10.6 WAS listed).

This craptastic software doesn't even open the proper applications when it does manage to work. Most of the time it just sits there after a capture processing. It's not hung, it just sits there using 5% of my cpu to do who knows what. I let it sit for an hour to process 1 minute of video and it never finished. A 30 second video did actually process and took about 5 seconds.

I have tested the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac software (ver 1.0.3) on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.3 and the software works OK, but the USB video capture hardware device does NOT work properly. The audio sounds shrill and choppy during recording and the MPEG2 video plays back too fast. Its like listening to a Chipmunks movie.

At first, I thought that the problem was with the software, but I later tested the hardware and software in combination with the Elgato Video Capture package for Macs. The Roxio software works fine with the Elgato hardware device and the video plays back OK. The Roxio USB video capture device produces the same results with the Elgato software as it did with the Roxio software. The MPEG2 file plays back too fast and the audio is shrill.

I have been "dialoging" with the Roxio Help Desk for a month now with no progress. All I want is a replacement for my obviously defective hardware device and they keep asking me to read the "knowledgebase" articles about the software, which are of no help for my problem.

I have been a long time customer of Roxio products. This is the first product that I have bought from them that does not work properly and the real issue is the hardware that they are just reselling (its someone else's product)

I received Easy VHS to DVD for Mac as a Christmas gift from my daughter who is a school teacher. She wasn't aware of the compatibility issues with Snow Leopard... She really wanted me to have this gift in order to convert movies of her mother who has passed away...

I installed the program on a new MBP without checking Minimum System Requirements. I usually do... I have 135 apps, and ALL ARE COMPATIBLE WITH SNOW LEOPARD. Snow Leopard came out in August... Did it not???

Before I even start this project it looks to me like there are much better alternatives out there then Roxio's...

Two questions:

- Does anyone know if or when Easy VHS to DVD for Mac will be Snow Leopard compatible?

- It is virtually impossible to talk to a human at Roxio. Does anyone know the return policy?

Thank you for any help on this.

I tried it with 10.6.1. No luck with audio,but video worked. After 2 attempts to get help from Roxio,with no useful advice,they finally admitted it will not work with Snow Leopard. No info as to when compatibility will be achieved. I am NOT pleased

Jerry

I tried it (v 1.0.3) with OS 10.6.3 on a Mac mini. I recorded video for about 5 minutes, but there was no audio. The recording of the video stalled after 5 minutes and would go no further. It records video with audio if I run OS 10.5.8.

I tried it (v 1.0.3) with OS 10.6.3 on a Mac mini. I recorded video for about 5 minutes, but there was no audio. The recording of the video stalled after 5 minutes and would go no further. It records video with audio if I run OS 10.5.8.

I bought my Easy VHS to DVD from Amazon.com for $67.87 US. It states it works with 10.6 on the box. So from reading this thread I either have to put 10.5 on a bootable HD or return it. I have till June 14 to return.

Does it work as advertised with 10.5?

OR

Should I just return it and use something else?

I bought my Easy VHS to DVD from Amazon.com for $67.87 US. It states it works with 10.6 on the box. So from reading this thread I either have to put 10.5 on a bootable HD or return it. I have till June 14 to return.

Does it work as advertised with 10.5?

OR

Should I just return it and use something else?

It works with OS 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6 on an Intel Mac or a dual-processor G5 Mac.

It works with OS 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6 on an Intel Mac or a dual-processor G5 Mac.

I have a new i7 iMac with 10.6.3 so I guess I will open it and use it. Thanks for the update tsantee.

I tried it with 10.6.1. No luck with audio,but video worked. After 2 attempts to get help from Roxio,with no useful advice,they finally admitted it will not work with Snow Leopard. No info as to when compatibility will be achieved. I am NOT pleased

Jerry

I just bought my new mac hoping to complete the "video to dvd" project that's been looming in my closet... but not finding the audio to work on Snow Leopard. Very disappointed, will be returning the box to MacMall.

Did not call Roxio, they charge $1.85 for support? Who does that?

I just bought my new mac hoping to complete the "video to dvd" project that's been looming in my closet... but not finding the audio to work on Snow Leopard. Very disappointed, will be returning the box to MacMall.

Did not call Roxio, they charge $1.85 for support? Who does that?

No they do not charge for new products…

They go through the motions but only after you talk to a Tech and they determine that your question is not covered and you agree to be charged to continue will they charge you.