timj

problem moving text

Question

When I ad text, either to the current slide or production and try to 'grab' the text to move it to a different spot, it shoots up to the upper left of the slide almost out of view. This didn't use to happen. Any help is appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Looks like a motion effect was applied to the text.

Move the blue slider in the Production Editor of the Videowave enough for you to see the text. Select the text. Then above the preview window, select the Motion icon (looks like a red ball). Choose the Still effect. Move the text to the desired location. Play the video and see if that solves the behavior.

Let us know.

Looks like a motion effect was applied to the text.

Move the blue slider in the Production Editor of the Videowave enough for you to see the text. Select the text. Then above the preview window, select the Motion icon (looks like a red ball). Choose the Still effect. Move the text to the desired location. Play the video and see if that solves the behavior.

Let us know.

No, that doesn't help. The motion is set to still. I upgraded to latest video drivers (running Radeon 4770). I tried it in 'hardware mode' and 'software mode', in case that made a difference. It didn't. I have the same issue when I create a dvd and put text on the title screen. the minute I select the text box with the mouse, it shoots up to the upper left, almost out of view. When I attempt to select it to bring it back, it only goes up further. All motion settings are in the 'still' mode. Any thoughts????

When I ad text, either to the current slide or production and try to 'grab' the text to move it to a different spot, it shoots up to the upper left of the slide almost out of view. This didn't use to happen. Any help is appreciated.

How did you get over this ???? ( I am new user )