• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 7 - DVD recorder not seen by program

wailermon

Question

:) I spent hours building a Wedding slideshow in EMC 7 DVD Builder, and when I get ready to burn it to disc, the program is not seeing the DVD burner! I've checked all wires, and the DVD player works perfectly with all other media that I've tried in it. I reinstalled EMC 7 and still no luck. The "Burn To Disc" box is checked, but greyed out. There are no drives listed in the pull-down box. I am stumped! Anyone have any ideas? This will be a disaster if I can't deliver this wedding DVD! HELP!!!!!!!

~wailer

7 answers to this question

Patty, I'm so seldom right, it isn't funny.....ask my wife.

I just checked and as of now, the post in the v7 forum has not shown he's had any luck yet. Hope he let's us know.

Me too, I am sure he will check here just incase there is another response. I didn't mean he shouldn't continue this thread, I just thought he might not have realized he was in the wrong area, and I have noticed that sometimes if one posts in the correct version area you may get more responses because more people using that version are checking that section out and not another version that they don't have. I certainly hope he will get back to us. :)

:) I spent hours building a Wedding slideshow in EMC 7 DVD Builder, and when I get ready to burn it to disc, the program is not seeing the DVD burner! I've checked all wires, and the DVD player works perfectly with all other media that I've tried in it. I reinstalled EMC 7 and still no luck. The "Burn To Disc" box is checked, but greyed out. There are no drives listed in the pull-down box. I am stumped! Anyone have any ideas? This will be a disaster if I can't deliver this wedding DVD! HELP!!!!!!!

~wailer

Try this posted note and see if it helps.

Try this posted note and see if it helps.

Well, thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, I installed the patch, rebooted and brought DVD Builder back up. Still no luck. It still says "No drive present." I even hooked up an external DVD burner via USB, and the program doesn't see it either! System analysis and actual use with other programs shows no issues with either DVD burners. I'm stumped.

I have used this program before with no issues, but it was on my laptop while I was in Afghanistan. I hate to have to rebuild everything on the laptop to try to get it to work. I will be forced to try that next weekend if I can't resolve this. I must have it ready to go the following week! Appreciate the try though! Thanks! Any other suggestions out there?

~Wailer

Just for general information Wailer, you might get faster help if you post on the v7 boards since that seems to be what you are using. :)

Paul, isn't that for version 8? :huh:

OOOOPPPS! My Bad!! Thanks, I'll do that now!

~Wailer

Well, thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, I installed the patch, rebooted and brought DVD Builder back up. Still no luck. It still says "No drive present." I even hooked up an external DVD burner via USB, and the program doesn't see it either! System analysis and actual use with other programs shows no issues with either DVD burners. I'm stumped.

I have used this program before with no issues, but it was on my laptop while I was in Afghanistan. I hate to have to rebuild everything on the laptop to try to get it to work. I will be forced to try that next weekend if I can't resolve this. I must have it ready to go the following week! Appreciate the try though! Thanks! Any other suggestions out there?

~Wailer

OOOOPPPS! My Bad!! Thanks, I'll do that now!

~Wailer

It works on version 8 but it's also pinned on V7. I think it's one of those things where it works for some but not for all.

It works on version 8 but it's also pinned on V7. I think it's one of those things where it works for some but not for all.

Ok Paul, I should have known you would be correct, I just clicked on your link and noticed it was a v8 thread so I just wanted to make sure. Sorry.............. :D:):huh:

Ok Paul, I should have known you would be correct, I just clicked on your link and noticed it was a v8 thread so I just wanted to make sure. Sorry.............. :D:):huh:

Patty, I'm so seldom right, it isn't funny.....ask my wife.

I just checked and as of now, the post in the v7 forum has not shown he's had any luck yet. Hope he let's us know.

Archived