Sign in to follow this  
djps55

photoshow 5-import problem

Question

when i go into photoshow 5 to make a project,no matter where i look,i can not import videos into photoshow5. can not seem to find my videos ,it's like they are not there.

my videos are in windows photo gallery and in documents,but when i try to import them into photoshow 5,i can not find them.is there a way to find and import into photoshow 5.

8 answers to this question

when i go into photoshow 5 to make a project,no matter where i look,i can not import videos into photoshow5. can not seem to find my videos ,it's like they are not there.

my videos are in windows photo gallery and in documents,but when i try to import them into photoshow 5,i can not find them.is there a way to find and import into photoshow 5.

What format is the video and how long is it? Remember that the video will only disply for 10 seconds.

What format is the video and how long is it? Remember that the video will only disply for 10 seconds.

wmv format

i thought that the videos could be up to 10mb

wmv format

i thought that the videos could be up to 10mb

Ig the program can't find them, the format is probably not supported. Have you looked at the codecs used in the file. gspot will tell you what codec is used for the files. (I didn't make up the name!)

This is for Photoshow 6.

Video Support

•File types: AVI, MPEG1, MOV, WMV, MP4, MV4, and QT

•Maximum file size per photo: 50 MB

•Maximum number of images per show: 400

I can't find the page where I found the original information I posted. Clearly a 50 MB file can be longer than 10 seconds depending on the format. By the way, if the videos are AVI, then that may be an issue since not all AVI files are the same. For example DivX and XVid are AVI file types but I don't think those are supported. I doubt that M-jpeg is supported either because that has never been supported in the other Roxio software.

Noticew that mpg2 files are not supported. That has recently changed in Photoshow 6.

Again I ask what format are the files and where did you get them? Remember that any DRM protected files cannot be used. Some videos downloaded from YouTube also can't be used because of the same reason. The information on video in Photoshow is very limited.

Edited by sknis

wmv format,these are all videos i made from my own photos.photoshow 6 finds them,but not photoshow 5.i use photoshow5 because i have the disk for it and had bought all the effects to go with it.with photoshow 6,i can not export to computer(wmv)roxio has tried for months to resolve issue,with no results.

none of my videos are avi,i have quicktime pro,but do not use much.

these are videos i made using windows movie maker and using photoshow.com,with photoshow 6,you just hit online and download some of your projects into photoshow 6,but photoshow 5,does not have this option.

WMV video type only supported in www.photoshow.com, WMV video type don't supported in PhotoShow 5 and PhotoShow 6.

Yes, I see that now for the Photoshow Desktop requirements in this Kb article.

I gather that the OP is using the on-line photoshow 6 for wmv files (so they are seen) and the desktop version of 5 where they are not supported.

Yes, I see that now for the Photoshow Desktop requirements in this Kb article.

I gather that the OP is using the on-line photoshow 6 for wmv files (so they are seen) and the desktop version of 5 where they are not supported.

thank you for the reply,i now understand what format to use for photoshow 5.