• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

patatrox

Toast 10.0.3 Update Posted

Question

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/sof...updatesv10.html

Toast 10 Titanium v10.0.3

Resolves issue handling AAC audio in non-MPEG4 container

1440x1080 video exported for PlayStation 3 now correctly plays back at 16:9

Chapter marked from QuickTime movies are now handled correctly

Disc Image Mounting (Mount It) should now function correctly on both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel

Mount It and Toast It should now appear correctly on all supported operating systems

iPhone 3GS generated video with vetical orientation now has correct resolution and aspect ratio when converted

Photo Discs created with Toast 10.0.3 and higher should no longer generate a crash when launching Slideshow application

Chapter titles imported from specific QuickTime movies are now imported with proper characters

Resolves issue that may cause Blu-Ray video or AVCHD discs created with Toast to not play or display a black screen on some Blu-ray players

Resolves various issues related to merging multiple video clips

Resolves an issue that may cause a crash when mounting volumes

Resolves an issue with EyeTV recordings being burned as Blu-ray video

Resolves an issue encoding specific MPEG-1 files that previously failed with Error –39

Resolves issue where some AAC audio being exported or authored contained background noise

Resolves timestamp related issue when burning to DVD-R

Resolves issue where working with specific DV files may have caused Toast to crash

Resolves issue with event handling, scrolling mouse wheel should no longer invoke dialog boxes

TiVo Transfer v2.0

Resolves issue where application does not always launch

CD Spin Doctor v6.1.1t

Resolves issue where system audio capture driver may generate error message on Snow Leopard

Resolves issue that may cause audio waveform not to be drawn correctly for long recordings

Resolves issue that may cause crash when scrubbing back and forth through audio waveform

Resolves several issues related to Auto Music Capture

Streamer v2.1

Resolves several issues related to video being inaccessible remotely

Disc Cover 2 RE v2.3.2

Resolves user interface display issues

Resolves issue where application may not always launch correctly

Get Backup RE v2.2.2

Resolves user interface display issues

Resolves issue where system messages did not always appear in log window

Resolves issue some users may experience changing or adding files to incremental archives

Resolves issue saving folder properties

Improved handling of filenames which contain special ASCII characters

Mac2TiVo 1.1

Resolves several issues that may have caused problems when accessing video from your TiVo DVR

17 answers to this question

UPDATE LINK IS NOT WORKING. It leads to a bad URL:

:unsure:

GET /gm/updaters/mac/toast/titanium/v10/toast_10_titanium_1003_544_updater.zip HTTP/1.1

Accept: */*

Host: softwareupdates.roxio.com

User-Agent: Interarchy/9.0.1

HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily

Server: AkamaiGHost

Content-Length: 0

Location: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml

Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 12:10:18 GMT

Connection: keep-alive

GET /en/support/software_updates.jhtml HTTP/1.1

Host: www.roxio.com

HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

Pragma: no-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

Content-Type: text/html

Content-Length: 149

Set-Cookie: NSC_spyEpuOfu=44535f123660;expires=Fri, 09-Oct-09 12:15:05 GMT;path=/

I figured you'd rather have it tonight then hold off another day to finish the version history. :)

May I say thank you so very much. I am extremely grateful for this. I have successfully gathered, burned, and SHOWN a Photo DVD. Works beautifully. Now I will explore other areas.

Thank you to all all Roxio Staff and development team. AWESOME.

John Daniel

UPDATE LINK IS NOT WORKING. It leads to a bad URL:

:unsure:

GET /gm/updaters/mac/toast/titanium/v10/toast_10_titanium_1003_544_updater.zip HTTP/1.1

Host: softwareupdates.roxio.com

HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily

Server: AkamaiGHost

Content-Length: 0

Location: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml

Connection: keep-alive

GET /en/support/software_updates.jhtml HTTP/1.1

Host: www.roxio.com

HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

Pragma: no-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

Content-Type: text/html

Content-Length: 149

Set-Cookie: NSC_spyEpuOfu=44535f123660;expires=Fri, 09-Oct-09 12:15:05 GMT;path=/

Works just fine. I suggest give it another try.

I figured you'd rather have it tonight then hold off another day to finish the version history. :)

Downloaded and installed without issue this morning. Toast and CD Spin Doctor appear to be working just fine. The CDSD audio capture .kext installed without complaint. Toast It and Mount It work. I do not have a Tivo so I can't speak to that.

I did not repair permissions. Everything went smoothly without a hitch.

Same here, installation went without any problem. I run over Snow Leopard. Unfortunately, as far as my system goes, the external blu-ray drive crashes immediately upon selection (still works under 10.0.2), and the chapter import (using BD-5) just plain doesn't work enough on my system to be useful at all. The chapters do not show up under menus, so no random chapter selection is possible. Furthermore, only five out of ten chapters exist. I am afraid I have to go back to the previous version....

Edited by ComPH

So is 10.0.3 the Snow Leopard approved version? Would be nice to have that noted. I currently have 10.0.2 - and I should say when you tell it to check for updates it does not acknowledge that 10.0.3 is available. I stumbled upon the download on the website because I have checked each morning. I do wish Roxio would keep us more up to date on estimated dates for Snow Leopard compatibility. I had Roxio Creator for windows when Vista came out and finally gave up on them and switched to Nero because Roxio (at the time - not sure if it has changed) did not understand we needed a working product and lack of keeping customers informed was bad. I have had 4 programs which are preventing me from upgrading - and the other 3 companies have already updated their software.

Works just fine. I suggest give it another try.

Well I cannot get the update link to work at all. I either go round in circles, or find myself on a page that seems to deny all knowledge of V10, let alone its update, or I get a bad link message! How the *** do I get the update... and this is not the first time this has happened... it happened with V8 as well... problem is, I cannot remember how I solved it that time!! Ans trying to use the update facility built in to V10.0.2 denies that 10.0.3 even exists!!! I've now been trying for two days!!

Edited by MacIvor

Well I cannot get the update link to work at all. I either go round in circles, or find myself on a page that seems to deny all knowledge of V10, let alone its update, or I get a bad link message! How the *** do I get the update... and this is not the first time this has happened... it happened with V8 as well... problem is, I cannot remember how I solved it that time!! Ans trying to use the update facility built in to V10.0.2 denies that 10.0.3 even exists!!! I've now been trying for two days!!

That's an experience some users have had with Roxio's download site over the past several years. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it is important not to be using any Speed downloading add on. Try with Firefox if you are using Safari or vice versa. Click the Support tab at the top of Roxio's Web site and select Software Updates to get to the appropriate page.

Dear Fellow Toast Users

Is there a link to 10.0.2?

After installing 10.0.3 I can no longer burn BD-R with my eSATA-connected Pioneer BDR-203. Whenever Toast tries to communicate with the drive in any way, the application (Toast) crashes. 10.0.3 will communicate with the built-in Optiarc and Samsung burners just fine, though.

And if no one has a link to 10.0.2, do you know how to get OS X 10.6.1's built-in disc burning software to span discs?

I'm using a dual quad-core 3GHz Mac Pro with 17GB of memory.

Thank you.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. I'll just revert from a Time Machine backup.

Edit 2: I went into Time Machine, restored just the 10.0.2 application, and am happily burning a Verbatim 4x BD-R at this moment. No fuss. No muss.

To the previous poster who was complaining about Toast's woefully inept audiobook importing, try Audiobook Builder. It does a much better job and costs only US$10.

I'm forty years old and have been using Macs daily since the Fall of 1989. Are any of the rest of you old enough to remember when Toast was a high-quality product?

--Jaddie

Edited by Becky-Jaddie

I'm forty years old and have been using Macs daily since the Fall of 1989. Are any of the rest of you old enough to remember when Toast was a high-quality product?

--Jaddie

Jaddie, I'm over 60 years old and using Macs since the Mac Plus was new. I think Toast 3 was my first version. You may not remember all the extension conflict issues and the trouble with USB burners but I remember recommending only the Yamaha SCSI or Firewire drives because they always worked with Toast. As much as Roxio and Toast have their problems, I still consider Toast a high-quality product. What's made it so hard for them is they try to have it do so many different things (compared to only a few things in the old days). Now there is the still-infant Blu-ray format to add more complexity. I'm glad you recovered Toast 10.0.2 and have that working again. I'm sure the Roxio folks are more than a little upset to learn they have this new bug to reckon with.

Jaddie, I'm over 60 years old and using Macs since the Mac Plus was new. I think Toast 3 was my first version. You may not remember all the extension conflict issues and the trouble with USB burners but I remember recommending only the Yamaha SCSI or Firewire drives because they always worked with Toast. As much as Roxio and Toast have their problems, I still consider Toast a high-quality product. What's made it so hard for them is they try to have it do so many different things (compared to only a few things in the old days). Now there is the still-infant Blu-ray format to add more complexity. I'm glad you recovered Toast 10.0.2 and have that working again. I'm sure the Roxio folks are more than a little upset to learn they have this new bug to reckon with.

Dear tsantee

Toast 3.x (Adaptec then, I think) was my first version of Toast, too. It came bundled with my first burner, a 4x Yamaha SCSI model that I purchased from APS(?), which was later purchased by LaCie.

--Jaddie

That's an experience some users have had with Roxio's download site over the past several years. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it is important not to be using any Speed downloading add on. Try with Firefox if you are using Safari or vice versa. Click the Support tab at the top of Roxio's Web site and select Software Updates to get to the appropriate page.

Tried all that... still no go... do I pay GBP1/min to phone Roxio for assistance with obtaining this update.. or does someone else (like a Roxio moderator) have any good ideas, please? When I do get to the appropriate page where it says "Download - 818 MB" all that happens is that I land on the "Chose a Product" page... and off we go into the wide blue yonder again...round and round in circles. I am getting quite dizzy. Can someone save me before I fall into Roxio's big black hole?

Tried all that... still no go... do I pay GBP1/min to phone Roxio for assistance with obtaining this update.. or does someone else (like a Roxio moderator) have any good ideas, please? When I do get to the appropriate page where it says "Download - 818 MB" all that happens is that I land on the "Chose a Product" page... and off we go into the wide blue yonder again...round and round in circles. I am getting quite dizzy. Can someone save me before I fall into Roxio's big black hole?

You might try sending a private message to patrick and reference your post.

Since this has come up several times in the past you might search the Toast 10, 9 and Popcorn 3 forums for posts on this topic. Also, I think there is some info in the Toast knowledgebase that can be searched for in the Support Home page. It happened to me a couple years ago but it seemed to fix itself and it was just a problem with one of my Macs any way. Sorry I'm no help.