Wimpey

Will Label Creator 5 work in Windows 7

As I use EMC 5 Label Creator in preferance to the newer, and less user friendly supplied with EMC 2009,

will it work in windows 7 as it does not in Vista only XP.

Wimpey.

I have used CD Label Creator 5.3.5.10 in both Vista and Windows 7 [eval] without problem.

It lets me load, edit, print, and save my numerous Version 5 .JWL files.

This clip was made 50 minutes ago. It's on the Win 7 drive where I installed Creator 2010.

post-208-1255153580.jpg

Just copy the Label Creator folder from your version 5 installation or backup, together with the Style Files and Page Files sub-folders, to somewhere on your hard drive, and make a desktop shortcut to CDLabel.exe

Thanks Brendon the info was most welcome as I thought I would have to purchase the professional version with XP Virtual Software to do so.

Many thanks Wimpey

I have used CD Label Creator 5.3.5.10 in both Vista and Windows 7 [eval] without problem.

It lets me load, edit, print, and save my numerous Version 5 .JWL files.

This clip was made 50 minutes ago. It's on the Win 7 drive where I installed Creator 2010.

post-208-1255153580.jpg

Just copy the Label Creator folder from your version 5 installation or backup, together with the Style Files and Page Files sub-folders, to somewhere on your hard drive, and make a desktop shortcut to CDLabel.exe

Edited by Wimpey

To Brendon

I have tried the way you describe but had no joy, could you explain the procedure in more detail, the descripition of the required files was not to clear. Sorry to be so DIM but as I am over 70 the senior moments occour more often than I need.

Wimpey

Hi Wimpey,

What you're doing is to copy an installed version from your old system, onto your new machine. Here's the process when you have the old machine available to copy from.

This is the file "tree" on the old machine where I have Easy CD Creator 5 installed.

post-208-1255476289.jpg

The installed version lives in three folders on the old machine. The first is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Label Creator where the cursor arrow shows, and the other two are its sub-folders.

You copy that Label Creator folder and the two sub-folders which belong to it [Page Files and Style Files] off the old machine and onto the new one. You can put them anywhere on the new machine, their position isn't critical.

Once you have a copy of these three folders on your new machine, you make a desktop shortcut to CDLabel.exe and run it via that desktop shortcut.

If you no longer have your old machine but you have a backup of it using software which allows you to restore named folders, just restore those three folders from your backup to some place on your new system.

How's that? If something isn't quite clear or you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

Hi Brendon

That has made it very clear to me now, I was looking in the wrong place for the files, Brain not engaged.

This group and others like it, and people like you make me feel that the world is not yet as broken as the politicians would have us belive, there is still hope for mankind.

Again so many thanks.

Wimpey

Hi Wimpey,

What you're doing is to copy an installed version from your old system, onto your new machine. Here's the process when you have the old machine available to copy from.

This is the file "tree" on the old machine where I have Easy CD Creator 5 installed.

post-208-1255476289.jpg

The installed version lives in three folders on the old machine. The first is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Label Creator where the cursor arrow shows, and the other two are its sub-folders.

You copy that Label Creator folder and the two sub-folders which belong to it [Page Files and Style Files] off the old machine and onto the new one. You can put them anywhere on the new machine, their position isn't critical.

Once you have a copy of these three folders on your new machine, you make a desktop shortcut to CDLabel.exe and run it via that desktop shortcut.

If you no longer have your old machine but you have a backup of it using software which allows you to restore named folders, just restore those three folders from your backup to some place on your new system.

How's that? If something isn't quite clear or you have further questions, please feel free to ask.