• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer freezes while encoding my DVD

juliahemsley@hotmail.com

Question

I just upgraded to My DVD 8 and am having problems with my computer freezing while I'm encoding my movie. I've tested it several times...doing different movies and slideshows. I've read a few different threads but still I'm not sure what to do in my case. Also...there aren't very many options available in the menu section and I can't make any changes or edits to it myself like it was shown. I have the essential package. Thanks for any help!!

7 answers to this question

I just spent some time with Comaq helpdesk and they helped me upgrade my driver and everything seems to be working ok...although I haven't had too much chance to mess with it.

Now...I'm trying to figure out why half the options aren't showing up that said they were included. I saw another poster mention this and it is clear to me that what I thought I was getting..I don't have. (I only have about four menus to choose from..can't add any music to the menus or change background or anything). I am going to place a call to Roxio tomorrow...if I can't get this resolved it wasn't worth the money to upgrade!!

Thanks for your help!

In the original post, the poster said that they had the essentials package. Not many of the full or the deluxe features are available. There are only four menus in essentials but I think you can BUY more. I'm not sure of the other items that the poster listed.

When the OP calls Roxio, the poster should check to see if there is an upgrade available for just a little more cost. (if an upgrade to the deluxe is available I'd go with that.) Are you in the 30 day trial period?

Which version of 8 do you have?

Microsoft XP

Compaq Presario 2500

446 MB RAm

Direct X 9

Genuine Intel 2.8GHZ

Radeon IGP 345 M Version 6.13

I tried to download from the Compaq sight a new Video driver...but it doesn't seem to be working..or I'm not updating the right thing? Thanks so much for any help.

Julia

Please post your computer specs on this post. Include your Video Card. This type of information is necessary to be able to assist with an issue like this.

Microsoft XP

Compaq Presario 2500

446 MB RAm

Direct X 9

Genuine Intel 2.8GHZ

Radeon IGP 345 M Version 6.13

I tried to download from the Compaq sight a new Video driver...but it doesn't seem to be working..or I'm not updating the right thing? Thanks so much for any help.

Julia

There are dozens of posts with this same problem and no resolutions to be had. I've wasted 30+ hours this holiday weekend battling the same thing and right now, after similar forum exchanges with another approach to try, it still hangs up.

Save yourself hours of frustration and go download the free trial edition of Ulead Ver 10 -- chances are you'll have a finished DVD in a couple of hours instead of days of frustration with MyDVD-8 and their "support" that send you chasing firmware updates to a video card.

MyDVD just rarely works on anything but the simplest DVDs and Roxio appears to be clueless as to why. (You'll see the same problem going back two releases to Version 6 if you dig through their own knowledgebase and other Video SW forums)

Good Luck. And try that 135Mb Ulead trial software. It saved the day.

There is no software that is guaranteed to work on all computers... heck I can't even get Windows XP installed on one of my computers that used to run Windows 2000... but I still use Windows XP on two other computers at home and have the problem one run MEPIS (a falvor of Linux)...

if Ulead software works without problem for you, that's great... However, by visiting Ulead's Web Board, it looks like users have their share of problems with Ulead software as well... I'm sure there are some users who can't get Ulead working and have to look for alternative solution... they might buy Roxio software and have no problem at all...

I do think that it would be nice for Roxio to offer a trial period for their software like what Sonic does with MyDVD Studio 6.1 or DVDIt! 6... but I guess the 30 days refund period could count as a trial period if you buy directly from them...

Archived