• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bump Thread on DVD won't finish burn

I'm trying to burn a movie made on Video Wave Movie Creator 1.6.696. I've been able to make movies and burn DVDs using this program in the past. In my latest efforts I reach 100% phase completion, but can only get through 6% of the burning process. The error I get reads E80041930 track writer error - wait failed (T7123). I have tried both DVD+RW and DVD-R, brand new out of the box. I have tried to clean the Memorex DVD recorder drive with air+vaccum. The file says it is trying to write at 6X. I may try to slow this down. An earlier thread mentioned that my DVD recorder may be wearing out so I may be looking at purchasing a new one. The same thread also mentioned burning to an ISO file and then to a disc. I would like to try this before I move toward replacement, but I don't know what this means. How do I burn to an ISO file. Can I do this with something I've created in Video Wave or do I need to import my video into another program? Any other input would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm trying to burn a movie made on Video Wave Movie Creator 1.6.696. I've been able to make movies and burn DVDs using this program in the past. In my latest efforts I reach 100% phase completion, but can only get through 6% of the burning process. The error I get reads E80041930 track writer error - wait failed (T7123). I have tried both DVD+RW and DVD-R, brand new out of the box. I have tried to clean the Memorex DVD recorder drive with air+vaccum. The file says it is trying to write at 6X. I may try to slow this down. An earlier thread mentioned that my DVD recorder may be wearing out so I may be looking at purchasing a new one. The same thread also mentioned burning to an ISO file and then to a disc. I would like to try this before I move toward replacement, but I don't know what this means. How do I burn to an ISO file. Can I do this with something I've created in Video Wave or do I need to import my video into another program? Any other input would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I've been using DVD Builder for a while now and this same message came up for me today. It encoded fine, then started to burn a TOC. It just froze...and the wait error appeared. Same TDK media that I've been using, same burner. Only difference for me is that I have EMC 8 loaded on without drag to disc copy (or something like that). Any suggestions? This has never happened before.....

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I've been using DVD Builder for a while now and this same message came up for me today. It encoded fine, then started to burn a TOC. It just froze...and the wait error appeared. Same TDK media that I've been using, same burner. Only difference for me is that I have EMC 8 loaded on without drag to disc copy (or something like that). Any suggestions? This has never happened before.....

You should have started your own thread, the OP was using VideoWave not DVD Builder…

Problems like this are mostly a result of burner/media issues.

For best results from Builder, burn to File (iso) and not to disc. When that is complete, use either Builder or Disc Copier to make the actual burn to disc, using the iso file.

For testing, I recommend RW media so you don't waste R media should it fail.

Once you master V8, VW and MyDVD, you will never go back to V6…

You should have started your own thread, the OP was using VideoWave not DVD Builder…

Problems like this are mostly a result of burner/media issues.

For best results from Builder, burn to File (iso) and not to disc. When that is complete, use either Builder or Disc Copier to make the actual burn to disc, using the iso file.

For testing, I recommend RW media so you don't waste R media should it fail.

Once you master V8, VW and MyDVD, you will never go back to V6…

Sorry about not starting a new thread. I was thinking since the original post had the same error message, the solution might be the same...Good advice to use RW media. As for converting from v6 to v8, I'm not so sure. I have always been able to fumble my way through v6. Even been able to add music and mix photos with videos rather easily. V8 has been a nightmare for me to learn, but I am still trying. Any good books out there on EMC8? I think there is a EMC8 for dummys.....

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Sorry about not starting a new thread. I was thinking since the original post had the same error message, the solution might be the same...Good advice to use RW media. As for converting from v6 to v8, I'm not so sure. I have always been able to fumble my way through v6. Even been able to add music and mix photos with videos rather easily. V8 has been a nightmare for me to learn, but I am still trying. Any good books out there on EMC8? I think there is a EMC8 for dummys.....

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Yup................. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047174740...ks&v=glance

Archived