• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

cpedrazzi

Big waw files "left" in \AppData\Roaming\Roxio

Question

Hi everybody,

I have MyDVD10 Premiere, and I am happy enough with the choice.

Yesterday, while making a backup of the whole C:\User directory, I noticed that the process was taking a lot of time saving big wav files. After the ending of the backup, I made a few researches, and I have discovered a lot of .wav files, with invisible attribute, corresponding to all the mp3 soundtracks that I have used (or tested and then rejected) in MyDVD. They are located in:

C:\Users\<myname>\AppData\Roaming\Roxio\Video\UI10\Proxy

To give you an idea, the whole VideoUI10 directory is about 2 GB, and some of the files are 80 MB (the corresponds to songs of about 3-5 minutes length).

I understand that they certainly have been created during the process of creating a "burnable" image of the project.

My question is: are this data files necessary, and are they going to grow forever, inflating my "C:\Users" directory? Would it be a good idea to delete at least the biggest of them? Is there some option "Delete wav files after using" in Roxio?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Best regards from Italy

Claudio

Edited by cpedrazzi

2 answers to this question

Hi everybody,

I have MyDVD10 Premiere, and I am happy enough with the choice.

Yesterday, while making a backup of the whole C:\User directory, I noticed that the process was taking a lot of time saving big wav files. After the ending of the backup, I made a few researches, and I have discovered a lot of .wav files, with invisible attribute, corresponding to all the mp3 soundtracks that I have used (or tested and then rejected) in MyDVD. They are located in:

C:\Users\<myname>\AppData\Roaming\Roxio\Video\UI10\Proxy

To give you an idea, the whole VideoUI10 directory is about 2 GB, and some of the files are 80 MB (the corresponds to songs of about 3-5 minutes length).

I understand that they certainly have been created during the process of creating a "burnable" image of the project.

My question is: are this data files necessary, and are they going to grow forever, inflating my "C:\Users" directory? Would it be a good idea to delete at least the biggest of them? Is there some option "Delete wav files after using" in Roxio?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Best regards from Italy

Claudio

These wav files are created from mp3 audio files (or from the audio track of non-DVD compliant video files such as avi files) that are used in a Videowave or myDVD production since these files cannot be used directly in the project. They can be deleted without problems since they will be created again if you load the project next time. You can also delete them from within myDVD (or Videowave) by selecting Tools/Options.