Darksurey

Program will not open

Question

I have had this program for about a month now and have done EVERYTHING that I have found to do, and I cannot get Creator 2009 to open. Every time I get a message that reads:

Roxio Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

After about the 10th time, I finally sent the error report, because I have no idea what else to do (though that won't help me either).

I have done the Windows clean up thing, I did the 3 hours of deleting, editing, etc... I haven't been able to find a phone number to call anyone and have found no other help. I am inches from the point where I will never purchase or reccommend roxio to anyone ever, EVER again.

Please help me.

Sammi :angry:

12 answers to this question

I honestly don’t know how phone support would be handled since 2009 has been out of production for 2 months now… On the other hand it is an install problem so you will have to call and talk to them. (don’t’ be scared off by the charges – that will only happen if you actually agree to be charged)

Roxio Customer Service and Tech Support phone numbers:

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

866-279-7694 Technical Support

905-482-5200 Customer Service

Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST

You are right, those “reports” go to MicroSoft not Roxio.

You are lucky,I have had mine since March 18th & I still keep getting the same message as you are receiving despite innumerable uninstalls & re-installs.The latest help I received was to see psongila's update from 10/16/09 but I cannot find it on this site.

I honestly don’t know how phone support would be handled since 2009 has been out of production for 2 months now… On the other hand it is an install problem so you will have to call and talk to them. (don’t’ be scared off by the charges – that will only happen if you actually agree to be charged)

Roxio Customer Service and Tech Support phone numbers:

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

866-279-7694 Technical Support

905-482-5200 Customer Service

Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST

You are right, those “reports” go to MicroSoft not Roxio.

I have the EXACT same problem.. I have done everything they said to do and nothing works..

ALSO when I red/l it, my virus scan picked up a trojan in it and keeps blocking the d/l.

Did you try downloading and installing Service Pack 4?

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/c2009/software_updates.html

FYI... You will have to pay for support seeing this is a legacy application. Roxio only supports Creator 2010, Toast 10, and DVDit Pro HD 6 on the flagship line. That number is: 1-866-434-9871

You can always check out http://selfserve.roxio.com for more support options.

I have the EXACT same problem.. I have done everything they said to do and nothing works..

ALSO when I red/l it, my virus scan picked up a trojan in it and keeps blocking the d/l.

First, don't use text speak here, please. This isn't a gaming forum.

Second, TURN OFF your antivirus software when downloading and installing the software. You haven't, so far, and therein lies your problem.

First, don't use text speak here, please. This isn't a gaming forum.

Second, TURN OFF your antivirus software when downloading and installing the software. You haven't, so far, and therein lies your problem.

Dont use text speak????(What the hell is that??)

FYI I am no kid, I too am a Vietnam Vet..

2 tours USMC

USMC 68-72

RVN 68-70

BTW.. as I posted in another thread after being "scolded for not posting enough info....

Some of you computer guru's need to brush up on your newbie people skills.. try being a little more understanding.

No need to respond to this as I wont be back for anymore "help" .

Have a great day. :)

Edited by Chuckharvey

Dont use text speak????(What the hell is that??)

FYI I am no kid, I too am a Vietnam Vet..

2 tours USMC

USMC 68-72

RVN 68-70

BTW.. as I posted in another thread after being "scolded for not posting enough info....

Some of you computer guru's need to brush up on your newbie people skills.. try being a little more understanding.

No need to respond to this as I wont be back for anymore "help" .

Have a great day. :)

red/l

This advice from a poster who rudely butts into a topic instead of starting their own, twice! :lol:

This advice from a poster who rudely butts into a topic instead of starting their own, twice! :lol:

Silly me, here I thought this was a board for discussion :rolleyes:....

Why have umpteen different threads on the same problem.

Jim's reply is a perfect example of what I was refering to.. :blink:

Brendon, No incoming... life is to short to worry about pettyness... :)

Edited by Chuckharvey

Silly me, here I thought this was a board for discussion :rolleyes:....

Why have umpteen different threads on the same problem.

Jim's reply is a perfect example of what I was refering to.. :blink:

Brendon, No incoming... life is to short to worry about pettyness... :)

Download, and install the SP4 patch, that Big Dave and Code Red linked to, in their posts. Make sure that you have your antivirus software disabled when dowloading and installing.

If it still doesn't work, you will have to go through the dreaded clean install, again. I know that you have done that before, but you are going to have to try again. Make sure, prior to doing anything, you go into msconfig, uncheck any box that refers to Roxio in the Startup tab, then click Apply, and then reboot.

The steps are listed, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=41967

Edited by grandpabruce