• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Zambuk

Editing photos generates runtime error

Question

I am using Roxio Creator 2010 build 121B93A ENU installed on Vista x64.

When editing photos in Photosuite I get an error message after modifying my picture (only doing one at a time) and I press "Save as..." to save: half way through the save process Photosuite falls over and generates the following message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library......This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way". I then have to restart Photosuite.

Any suggestions?

6 answers to this question

It’s Broken!

Add/Remove Programs – Repair

On your advice, I tried that. The repair process is looking for a *.msi file in my temp folder. However, I clean out my temp folder regularly, so its not there and the repair process can't proceed without it.

I don't feel like doing an uninstall and then reinstall-I will wait for my Windows 7 to arrive then and reinstall then.

Thanks for the response.

Presuming you are using the downloaded version, open the .exe file with winzip or winrar and extract to a temp folder anywhere - the .msi will be in that when you do the repair installation

A good idea would be to burn the contents of that folder to a disc (and then uoi have a backup copy)

Presuming you are using the downloaded version, open the .exe file with winzip or winrar and extract to a temp folder anywhere - the .msi will be in that when you do the repair installation

A good idea would be to burn the contents of that folder to a disc (and then uoi have a backup copy)

Yes, I do have the downloaded version. Your approach worked, I was able to redirect the installer to find the requisite *.msi files and conclude the repair. Unfortunately the error remains, so I will wait for Oct 22 for Win 7.

I had to direct the installer to find the *.msi file for almost every application in the Roxio suite. A little tedious for what appears to be a default function in Roxio.

Thanks for your help.

What do you think Win7 will do?

Nothing really. However, it appears I may have to uninstall and then reinstall. If I have to go through that process I may as well wait for Win 7, do a clean install on that platform and see if that fixes the problem.