New_Years_Baby

No drive detected in EMC9

Question

6 answers to this question

Need more info please. For a start:

- Have you previously done this successfully but now something has broken, or is it your first use of the software?

- does Windows Explorer or My Computer see your burner drive?

- what's your operating system?

- what's your burner model number?

- which application in Easy Media Creator 9 is telling you it can't detect a drive?

Need more info please. For a start:

- Have you previously done this successfully but now something has broken, or is it your first use of the software?

- does Windows Explorer or My Computer see your burner drive?

- what's your operating system?

- what's your burner model number?

- which application in Easy Media Creator 9 is telling you it can't detect a drive?

I have used the software since I bought my comp. in late 2007, and it worked fine until now (I haven;'t burned any cds in awhile, so I just noticed it now.)

I went to the device manager, and there's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point shown under cd/DVD devices...and nope, there's no CD?DVD drive shown when I click on my computer.

I'm not sure of the model number

The audio and data applications say it can't detect a drive

Download, and install the PX engine, here:

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

I did that, then I opened eas media creator 9, and it still says there's no drive detected :huh:

Edited by New_Years_Baby

I have used the software since I bought my comp. in late 2007, and it worked fine until now (I haven;'t burned any cds in awhile, so I just noticed it now.)

I went to the device manager, and there's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point shown under cd/DVD devices

I'm not sure of the model number

The audio and data applications say it can't detect a drive

I did that, then I opened easy media creator 9, and it still says there's no drive detected :huh:

I understand the PX installer wouldn't work. That is for a different problem.

The model number of the drive isn't so important now that you've said it was all working properly before.

With a yellow triangle in Device Manager it looks as if something's wrong with the driver or driver hookup between Windows and your drive. Because of that the drive can't be detected by the software.

The recommended way to fix this is to go into Device Manager and click on the plus [+] sign alongside the DVD/CD-ROM drives icon. That will open the entry and show your drive(s). Right-click one and UNINSTALL it. You'll get a warning notice saying you're about to uninstall it, but that's fine. You can also see what the model number is before it uninstalls, if you want to.

After that, restart Windows. Windows should detect there is a "new" drive, and automatically install the proper Windows drivers for it. Your CD/DVD drive(s) should appear without the triangle, and you should be good to go. With the Windows drivers reinstalled your system should be able to talk to and 'detect' your drive(s)

Regards,

Brendon

I understand the PX installer wouldn't work. That is for a different problem.

The model number of the drive isn't so important now that you've said it was all working properly before.

With a yellow triangle in Device Manager it looks as if something's wrong with the driver or driver hookup between Windows and your drive. Because of that the drive can't be detected by the software.

The recommended way to fix this is to go into Device Manager and click on the plus [+] sign alongside the DVD/CD-ROM drives icon. That will open the entry and show your drive(s). Right-click one and UNINSTALL it. You'll get a warning notice saying you're about to uninstall it, but that's fine. You can also see what the model number is before it uninstalls, if you want to.

After that, restart Windows. Windows should detect there is a "new" drive, and automatically install the proper Windows drivers for it. Your CD/DVD drive(s) should appear without the triangle, and you should be good to go. With the Windows drivers reinstalled your system should be able to talk to and 'detect' your drive(s)

Regards,

Brendon

That fixed the problem, thank you!!

Too Easy Mate!

You're welcome, and Thanks for the feedback.