• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Slideshow Skips To End

metroeditor

Question

Hi,

I've created a DVD slide show for an eighth grade graduating class.

It contains 404 photos and I used the program to add in 27 minutes of music.

When it plays on the preview, it is fine.

But the DVD plays to about photo No. 150 then skips to the last seven photos with no sound. I've tried this about six times.

I have loaded the latest firmware for the DVD player, and am current with DVix and XP, etc.

The computer is a P4 2.5 with 1 gig of Ram and a 200 gig hard drive with 120 gigs of free space.

The Nividia video card is three years old, has 256 megs of Ram. I've I've run the diagnostic tests on the video card and all is fine there.

Could it just be the DVD burner is going out? I'll buy an install a new one, but don't want to unless it is necessary.

Time is short here.

Thanks,

Tim

19 answers to this question

Oh,

I tried the solution of burning the iso file. Couldn't get it to play in Cine or by burning to a CD and putting back into the computer.

An ISO file cannot be played using Cine without first creating a virtual drive and loading ISO unto it. You should be using Disc Copier to burn the ISO file to a DVD not a CD.

Yes, the mention of the photos was an aside. A frustration aside that the DVD Slide show failed after 10 burns and I had to start over in VideoWave. I started on this last Saturday and spent between five and eight hours a day to get to this point.

That said, VideoWave is great, once you get the hang of it. And we have. I now have all 18 song segments faiding in and out of 403 photos. Great program. All's well that ends well and I know my next project will go much better. The posters on this site have been greatly helpful.

Tim

Yahoo! I am glad you completed your production. The next one will go smoother.

Thanks for all the help.

Just got off the phone after 20 minutes of friendly Roxio support. The person was very nice, but could not figure out a solution. He did learn in asking others on the team that this is a known issue.

For some reason, sometimes slide shows glitch at slide 99 -- pretty much where mine does -- jump to the last seven slides. No one knows why.

His solution was to rebuild the show in VideoEditor.

I'll probably try that. But it means reordering 403 photos and matching them to 18 song segments to make the 27 minute video.

Tim

Did you build the slide show in VideoWave, the first time that you made it, or did you use Slideshow Assistant, or whatever it is called?

Guest ivanatrox

does this DVD play on your computer and give you the same issue? If you save a DVD folder of your slideshow and use CinePlayer to play it, does it do the same thing?

Ivan

When you click on the Burn icon in MyDVD 8, there should be three options for you: Disc, Image file, and Folder set. Check the box for Create folder set and choose the location you want to save the folders then click on Burn. You will have the DVD folders saved on your hard drive after that.

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I bought a new DVD burner -- a Panasonic -- installed in the computer and the prgram still glitched at the same place, about a third of a way through the 403 photos.

Sigh.

Tim

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for responding.

I'm at work. Brought a copy of the DVD with me and put it in the Mac G5. It failed in the same place in the same way.

I don't understand how to save a DVD folder of the slideshow and use CinePlayer to play it.

Tim

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for responding.

I'm at work. Brought a copy of the DVD with me and put it in the Mac G5. It failed in the same place in the same way.

I don't understand how to save a DVD folder of the slideshow and use CinePlayer to play it.

Tim

It could very well be your burner. What make and model is it?

When you click on the Burn icon in MyDVD 8, there should be three options for you: Disc, Image file, and Folder set. Check the box for Create folder set and choose the location you want to save the folders then click on Burn. You will have the DVD folders saved on your hard drive after that.

Ivan

Ivan, an option I prefer is to burn to a disc image (.ISO) file, then mount that in Disc Image Loader, and play it in Cineplayer from the emulated drive. Similar results, except if the image works, I can immediately burn that to disc from disc copier.

Check and see if you have an other burner program installed; it may be causing a conflect with your driver. If you do, try uninstalling the other program and try again; you may have to run a repair install on EMC 8 after removing the other program(s).

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for checking in.

It is an Emprex 8x manufactured in June 2004.

I most recently used it in March to make a DVD slide show using Roxio 6. I bought the upgrade and have the problem with it now.

I'll probably go to Fry's tomorrow to buy a new DVD drive.

Tim

Guest ivanatrox
Ivan, an option I prefer is to burn to a disc image (.ISO) file, then mount that in Disc Image Loader, and play it in Cineplayer from the emulated drive. Similar results, except if the image works, I can immediately burn that to disc from disc copier.

This would accompish the same thing as my suggestion for DVD folder which is to find out if it plays fine before burning to the disc.

Did you build the slide show in VideoWave, the first time that you made it, or did you use Slideshow Assistant, or whatever it is called?

I used Slideshow Assistant.

But I have just completed re-ordering the 403 photos in VideoWave. First I took digital photos of my 403 slides in the preview format of SlideShow Assistant. Then I printed out 22 pages of those photos. Then I reimported into VideoWave and my son, wife and I spent about six hours taking turns getting them back in the right order.

Now i have imported my music and am trying to figure out how to match songs with slides. As of this writing, I can't figure it out.

I remain disappointed with Slideshow's failure as it works fine in version 6. But VideoWave probably is more fun, once I get familiar with it.

Thank you for your help and attention.

Tim

Thanks for all the help.

Just got off the phone after 20 minutes of friendly Roxio support. The person was very nice, but could not figure out a solution. He did learn in asking others on the team that this is a known issue.

For some reason, sometimes slide shows glitch at slide 99 -- pretty much where mine does -- jump to the last seven slides. No one knows why.

His solution was to rebuild the show in VideoEditor.

I'll probably try that. But it means reordering 403 photos and matching them to 18 song segments to make the 27 minute video.

Tim

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for checking in.

It is an Emprex 8x manufactured in June 2004.

I most recently used it in March to make a DVD slide show using Roxio 6. I bought the upgrade and have the problem with it now.

I'll probably go to Fry's tomorrow to buy a new DVD drive.

Tim

Smart decision on purchasing a new burner. Make sure that you buy a brand name, like Plextor, Pioneer, BenQ, etc.

Guest ivanatrox

Ivan

I used Slideshow Assistant.

But I have just completed re-ordering the 403 photos in VideoWave. First I took digital photos of my 403 slides in the preview format of SlideShow Assistant. Then I printed out 22 pages of those photos. Then I reimported into VideoWave and my son, wife and I spent about six hours taking turns getting them back in the right order.

Now i have imported my music and am trying to figure out how to match songs with slides. As of this writing, I can't figure it out.

I remain disappointed with Slideshow's failure as it works fine in version 6. But VideoWave probably is more fun, once I get familiar with it.

Thank you for your help and attention.

Tim

Wait a minute. Do you have those 403 photos somewhere on your hard drive? If you do, FORGET Slideshow Assistant! Open VideoWave and bring the slides for the first song or songs that you want to match to the photos. Once you get the slides and the music in, up above, click on Production, then click on Fit Video and Audio. That set of slides and music will start and end at the same time. Save you production as whatever name that you want.

Repeat this procedure for all sets of photos and music that you want to fit to a particular set of photos. Make sure you give each production a different name.

Once you have completed all of them, you can assemble them by closing VideoWave and opening MyDVD and bringing those productions in, in the order that you want them to play. Right at the moment, I don't remember how to do that in version 8. I just went brain dead.

If I don't get back to this thread in a little while, someone else will drop in and tell you how to do it. There are different ways to attain the same end, but the one where you output to an .avi file in VideoWave, is one that I don't care for.

BTW, was your mention of printing out all of those photos meant to be an aside?

Wait a minute. Do you have those 403 photos somewhere on your hard drive? If you do, FORGET Slideshow Assistant! Open VideoWave and bring the slides for the first song or songs that you want to match to the photos. Once you get the slides and the music in, up above, click on Production, then click on Fit Video and Audio. That set of slides and music will start and end at the same time. Save you production as whatever name that you want.

Repeat this procedure for all sets of photos and music that you want to fit to a particular set of photos. Make sure you give each production a different name.

Once you have completed all of them, you can assemble them by closing VideoWave and opening MyDVD and bringing those productions in, in the order that you want them to play. Right at the moment, I don't remember how to do that in version 8. I just went brain dead.

If I don't get back to this thread in a little while, someone else will drop in and tell you how to do it. There are different ways to attain the same end, but the one where you output to an .avi file in VideoWave, is one that I don't care for.

BTW, was your mention of printing out all of those photos meant to be an aside?

Yes, the mention of the photos was an aside. A frustration aside that the DVD Slide show failed after 10 burns and I had to start over in VideoWave. I started on this last Saturday and spent between five and eight hours a day to get to this point.

That said, VideoWave is great, once you get the hang of it. And we have. I now have all 18 song segments faiding in and out of 403 photos. Great program. All's well that ends well and I know my next project will go much better. The posters on this site have been greatly helpful.

Tim

Archived