clueless

Please help

Question

I installed the Roxio VHS to DVD and at 1st it wouldn't recognize the USB when i plugged it in. then I downloaded something for that (I thought) It did recognize it then , but when i get to the point to where I click next my computer shuts itself off after a very brief blue screen shows so fast I can not read it.

Please help.

Sounds like you got the Blue Screen of Death. This is usually a driver issue due to incompatibility. What was it you downloaded to try to fix it? Try booting into safe mode and then uninstall it and start over.

Sounds like you got the Blue Screen of Death. This is usually a driver issue due to incompatibility. What was it you downloaded to try to fix it? Try booting into safe mode and then uninstall it and start over.

it was www.roxio.com/go/videousb.

thanks

Please post your computer specs and what operating system you are using.

Did you install SP2?

bare w/me . I am not very computer literate.

I don't think I installed the roxio sp2

My cpmputer is fairly new (few months) i have the updated windoes XP.

(if that helps.

thanks

If it's only a few months old, it likely is updated. At this point, I can only suggest you boot into safe mode, (unless you can get boot into your normal startup without problems) and remove the driver you linked to in an earlier post and then make sure you've installed the upgrade that I linked to above. Then post back with your results.

If it's only a few months old, it likely is updated. At this point, I can only suggest you boot into safe mode, (unless you can get boot into your normal startup without problems) and remove the driver you linked to in an earlier post and then make sure you've installed the upgrade that I linked to above. Then post back with your results.

ok, thanks

ok, thanks

None of that worked. computer still shuting self off at some point.

I already had a Roxio easy creator 8 installed on my computer , do you think that is the problem?

Thanks

None of that worked. computer still shuting self off at some point.

I already had a Roxio easy creator 8 installed on my computer , do you think that is the problem?

Thanks

I know it can't be installed with Creator 2009 and 2010 but I don't know about older versions. I'll see what I can find out.

I know it can't be installed with Creator 2009 and 2010 but I don't know about older versions. I'll see what I can find out.

thanks

thanks

Oh, before you just answered me back, I uninstalled roxio creator 8 & tryed to use the VHS to DVD again. I got a little farther but then a pop up said CD rom or other removeable disc that's not available. insert Roxio Cine player pack disc.

Well, I don't have a disc for that & I remembered I did have this in my control panel (didn't know what it was, but I didn't remove it ) but when i saw this & went to look at it , it was gone.??

thanks

Oh, before you just answered me back, I uninstalled roxio creator 8 & tryed to use the VHS to DVD again. I got a little farther but then a pop up said CD rom or other removeable disc that's not available. insert Roxio Cine player pack disc.

Well, I don't have a disc for that & I remembered I did have this in my control panel (didn't know what it was, but I didn't remove it ) but when i saw this & went to look at it , it was gone.??

I have both 8 and V2D on one of my PC’s as well as V6 – 7.5 and 9. All live well together.

CinePlayer is from EMC 8 and is not part of V2D.

At the point you are at I think you are going to have do the Clean Install process for both! In doing the EMC 8 process only proceed through the Uninstall parts.

Then jump to the Clean Install for V2D all the way through installing.

EMC 8 - Here

V2D for XP - XP

I have both 8 and V2D on one of my PC’s as well as V6 – 7.5 and 9. All live well together.

CinePlayer is from EMC 8 and is not part of V2D.

At the point you are at I think you are going to have do the Clean Install process for both! In doing the EMC 8 process only proceed through the Uninstall parts.

Then jump to the Clean Install for V2D all the way through installing.

EMC 8 - Here

V2D for XP - XP

I'm not sure I know what clean install is? I UNinstalled roxio Easy creater 8 and that's when the CinePlayer left.

Do I reinstall 8?

thanks

Edited by clueless

I'm not sure I know what clean install is? I UNinstalled roxio East creater 8 and that's when the CinePlayer left.

Do I reinstall 8?

thanks

In Jim's post, click on the words Here and XP, in blue.

I would install VHS to DVD first then v8. After you install VHS to DVD and before installing 8, make sure you have updated VHS to DVD.

I would install VHS to DVD first then v8. After you install VHS to DVD and before installing 8, make sure you have updated VHS to DVD.

Nothing has helped.

I get all the way to the point of where I am suppse to click on USB drive 2861 device & computer shuts off before i do.

Help.

Nothing has helped.

I get all the way to the point of where I am suppse to click on USB drive 2861 device & computer shuts off before i do.

Help.

clueless, even if you don't know much about computers you have to explain what your doing better than the above, because I have no idea what it means!

cd

clueless, even if you don't know much about computers you have to explain what your doing better than the above, because I have no idea what it means!

cd

I installed Roxio VHS to DVD.

I opened it up , done all thet it said to do , followed instructions. But when I get to the point (abt 3rd step) where it says to select USB 2861 device , just before i can do that my computer shuts it's self off.

I have Roxio easy creator 8 for transferring my LP's to CD & it owrks great.

cd

Thanks for all the tips , I will check them out.

Sounds like your using Plug and Burn? Try media import instead, tell us if that works?

post-97-1255123904.jpg

cd

Sounds like your using Plug and Burn? Try media import instead, tell us if that works?

post-97-1255123904.jpg

cd

Yes i was useing plug & burn as instructed by booklet.

I tried what you said , but it still shuts down .

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled both V 8 and VHS to DVD according to Jim and Paul's instructions above in Post #11 #15?

cd

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled both V 8 and VHS to DVD according to Jim and Paul's instructions above in Post #11 #15?

cd

Yes, I sure did.

it seems to have something to do (I'm guessing) w/the Usb. cause when i get to that point, computer shuts off. My computer is only a few months old.

Thanks

I would try a clean uninstall of all Roxio software. Then reinstall only VHS to DVD and try it without sp2 if you have a problem install sp2 and see if it fix's it...

cd

I would try a clean uninstall of all Roxio software. Then reinstall only VHS to DVD and try it without sp2 if you have a problem install sp2 and see if it fix's it...

cd

tried it.

Nothing seems to work. It's every time when I click on the USB 2861 Device is when it happens. Computer turns off.

I am so frustrated. This program was not cheap. (VHS to DVD)

tried it.

Nothing seems to work. It's every time when I click on the USB 2861 Device is when it happens. Computer turns off.

I am so frustrated. This program was not cheap. (VHS to DVD)

I don't really know what this does, but while checking everything I know I keep seeing somethings that say IEEE-1394 fireware device.

When I go to my computer-properties-hardware-device manager. I do not see a driver by that name.

I don't really know what this does, but while checking everything I know I keep seeing somethings that say IEEE-1394 fireware device.

When I go to my computer-properties-hardware-device manager. I do not see a driver by that name.

Google it....IEEE 1394