• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

PROBLEM WITH TOAST 7

mtwohawks

Question

Hi Forum! Maybe you can help. I can't seem to figure this out...

I had Toast Lite...I used to just drag my QT movie (made in FCP 4.5) into the window, and burn a simple DVD.

NOW...toast 7 is telling me that that file size is too big for a DVD....when i made plenty of them (even bigger) in toast 6? I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I should be able to drag a QT movie into the window and hit the burn button, that simple...right? What am I doing wrong? You can also e-mail me directly at mtwohawks@juno.com.

Thanks

Mark

3 answers to this question

Toast 7 can actually burn longer movies to a DVD than can Toast 6 so I don't know why you're having this difficulty. How long are the movies you're trying to burn? Are you sure that DVD video is selected as the format? Are you using the Automatic setting or did you select custom settings for the encoding?

One thing to try: Choose Save as Disc Image from the Toast File menu instead of clicking the burn button. Look at how large the image file is when it is done. Is it less or more than 4.14 GB? (I think that's the maximum Toast can burn to a single-layer DVD).

I was burning 58 minute long DVD's...16Gigs...with toast 6 lite....this won't even let me burn a 7 minute DVD....I know the program is supposed to encode it (compress) to fit....but something is missing. One step DVD on the MAC does it fine...but I liked the Toast menu's.....

So, I'll go into the program again and try to find "make disc image"... I'll post as to what happens. but something is not right.

Sure...the file size is over 4.2 gigs.....but so were my "long" QT movies....

Again, any assistance here is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Toast 7 can fit at least 2-1/2 hours of video to a single-layer DVD at the default setting. What's happening in your case is very strange and I can't recall anyone else mentioning this as an issue. Is DVD set at the disc type in the selector next to the burn button?

Archived