Popcorn 2 Crashes After Selecting "Export"

eric_rietschel

Question

Hello. I've had Popcorn 2 since it was launched and yet to get it to work correctly. I am hoping the community can help me resolve this issue. Functionally the program works, I can select videos, disk images, and the like but no matter what format, file size, or location the file comes from the outcome is the same. As soon as I select export (I prefer it to go to the iPod), I get the spinning beachball for a moment then it crashes giving me the option to report it to Apple, reopen, etc..

I've tried deleting the plist files and simple remove all then re-install, to no avail.

I am using a Mac Mini 1.5 with 512 mgb ram Mac OSX 10.4.6. I have Toast 7 installed which continues to work just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas? Your assistance is appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Hey Ivan,

Yes my preferred save to destination is the device: iPod Video. My results are the same if I chose a different device and location (desktop, hard drive, or external drive). I get a huge error message but here is the header of the error message.

Version: 2.0 (2.0)

PID: 489

Thread: 10

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xdd636e74

But the error log is quite long and has a number of "threads".

Guest ivanatrox

This only happens when you do Video iPod? Do you have the same error if you choose other Device like Sony PSP or 3G Phone? Also, what Quality settings you have? Standard, For TV, High or Custom?

Ivan

Guest ivanatrox
As soon as I select export (I prefer it to go to the iPod), I get the spinning beachball for a moment then it crashes giving me the option to report it to Apple, reopen, etc..

When you say you prefer it to go to the iPod, do you mean the Save To destination is iPod? If that's the case, do you have the same issue when you save the ouput to your hard drive? Also, what is the Quality setting you use?

Ivan

Archived