VHS to DVD

Abandoned

Question

:angry2: I purchased the product (now regettably) 2.5 weeks ago and it's still not perfoming as expected. I have exhausted the help of the "tech support", because I am not willing to tamper with the "Registry Files." So hopefully someone out there has the smarts.

My problem is with the VHS to DVD program. While trying to burn VHS to DVD, I cannot get past the 2nd screen of Play & Burn.....(Set Production Options)

The DRIVE TYPE is accessible but under this selection it states, "Contents: Incompatible Disc". and the "DISK DRIVE" stays light grey and does not respond to attemps to permit selection. I have tried different discs but to no avail.

Note. The LP to CD does work, (although the quality is poor) can't figure it out but am working on it.

16 answers to this question

That usually means that the type of disc you're trying to use is not compatible with the drive or the operation.

For example if you're trying to make an audio cd you can't use a dvd.

Are you sure that the type of DVD you're trying to use (+,-,RW,DL) can be used by your drive?

That usually means that the type of disc you're trying to use is not compatible with the drive or the operation.

For example if you're trying to make an audio cd you can't use a dvd.

Are you sure that the type of DVD you're trying to use (+,-,RW,DL) can be used by your drive?

Thanks for the response. I have one DVD/CD-ROM DRIVE list in the Device Manager drives. It is

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-44808. I was able to burn a CD from LP's to CD but it does not recognize the DVD-R recordable disc that I inserted. Is this drive not suitable?

I am using XP...

Jc

Thanks for the response. I have one DVD/CD-ROM DRIVE list in the Device Manager drives. It is

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-44808. I was able to burn a CD from LP's to CD but it does not recognize the DVD-R recordable disc that I inserted. Is this drive not suitable?

I am using XP...

Jc

That drive is a "ROM" drive (Read Only) and cannot burn anything. All it can do is read ! You need to get a drive that can also "Burn"

Frank...

I am using XP...

Jc

Here's the specs on your GCC-44808:

post-68-1255981539.png

Here's the specs on your GCC-44808:

post-68-1255981539.png

Frank, thanks again. I guess the next question is, how do I get and install a drive that can burn?

I have Nero and this brogram burns CD'd with not problem. Also Roxio LP's to CD. Are these read only files that are being sent?

Jim

Frank, thanks again. I guess the next question is, how do I get and install a drive that can burn?

I have Nero and this brogram burns CD'd with not problem. Also Roxio LP's to CD. Are these read only files that are being sent?

Jim

Your burner does not burn DVD's just CD's as the picture I sent in post 6 clearly shows.

You need a DVD burner.

Jim

Well, based on the post that ogdens made the spec's for your drive that you posted, it can burn disks. However it only shows CD-R and

CD-RW. That's odd that when you check your Device manager it says "ROM" and that usually means only a Read Only type drive. Unless that not exactly what the device manager shows. You will still have a problem burning DVD+-R and DVD+-RW disks.

Frank...

Well, based on the post that ogdens made the spec's for your drive that you posted, it can burn disks. However it only shows CD-R and

CD-RW. That's odd that when you check your Device manager it says "ROM" and that usually means only a Read Only type drive. Unless that not exactly what the device manager shows. You will still have a problem burning DVD+-R and DVD+-RW disks.

Frank...

The OPs device is a Combo which means that it is able toread/write CDs but can read only DVDs. The ROM today always refers to DVDs.

The OPs device is a Combo which means that it is able toread/write CDs but can read only DVDs. The ROM today always refers to DVDs.

Regardless of what it refers to "today", the fact remains that the OP can not burn DVD+-R & DVD+-RW based on the specs for his drive. Which means the OP will probably have to get a new drive that has those abilities. There are plenty of drives available that can burn just about anything you throw at them and they are not that expensive.

Frank...

Regardless of what it refers to "today", the fact remains that the OP can not burn DVD+-R & DVD+-RW based on the specs for his drive. Which means the OP will probably have to get a new drive that has those abilities. There are plenty of drives available that can burn just about anything you throw at them and they are not that expensive.

Frank...

Frank, too bad you didn't work in the Tech support a Roxio, would have saved me a lot o frustration. I will check into a DVD drive that is suitable for the computer that I have. Thanks again, Jim, from Simcoe Ontario

Frank, too bad you didn't work in the Tech support a Roxio, would have saved me a lot o frustration. I will check into a DVD drive that is suitable for the computer that I have. Thanks again, Jim, from Simcoe Ontario

you're welcome Jim, but actually it was ogdens that posted the actual specs for your particular drive. All one had to do then was just check for the specific specs. Good luck in finding a drive that will burn your DVD (all kinds) :)

Frank...

Here is ONE example http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...7248&catid= .

And they have free shipping or just drive up to Waterloo and have a look.

Tony (Lucknow ON)