• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Couple of Questions: 1. Blu-ray plug-in and 2. v 10.0.3

scooper

Question

1. First, I recently ordered and received a CD copy of Toast Titanium 10 and also the Blu-ray plug-in (download). I installed Toast and finally figured out how to download the Blu-ray plug-in. After I downloaded the plug-in, I looked for it to make certain I was successful with the download. I looked in the Toast folder, including a subfolder called "plug-ins" and couldn't locate it. I looked in my applications folder on the hard drive and couldn't find it there, either. I assume that if I was successful with the download, it would be somewhere on my computer as an icon. Can anyone shed any light on where it might be residing on my computer?

2. As I wrote above, I have a CD copy of Toast 10 and I believe that it is the earlier version (10.0.2?). Before I read about all the problems with v10.0.3, I was prompted to update my software to v10.0.3, which I did. Would you recommend that I delete v10.0.3 and reinstall the earlier version?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

8 answers to this question

If the Blu-Ray option is in the Toast Video window then the plug-in is installed. If you have a Blu-ray burning drive then you'll likely need to use 10.0.2 for burning to Blu-ray media while Roxio works to resolve this bug. You can choose Save as Disc Image in 10.0.3 and then burn using the image file setting in the Copy window in 10.0.2.

If the Blu-Ray option is in the Toast Video window then the plug-in is installed. If you have a Blu-ray burning drive then you'll likely need to use 10.0.2 for burning to Blu-ray media while Roxio works to resolve this bug. You can choose Save as Disc Image in 10.0.3 and then burn using the image file setting in the Copy window in 10.0.2.

Does this mean that you can use 10.0.3 and create a disc image and then use 9.0.7 with the blue ray plugin and burn a Bluray dvd?

Thanks,

tsantee-

Thank you once again for your helpful response. The Blu-Ray option is indeed in the Toast Video window.

I don't have a Blu-Ray burner yet, and recently purchased a Canon Vixia high def camcorder (mini DV format). I haven't shot any HD video, but was going to start by trying to burn a short HD video on a standard 4.7 GB DVD using Toast 10 w/ Blu-Ray plug in. I'm OK waiting until Roxio "works out the kinks" in v10.0.3.

Does this mean that you can use 10.0.3 and create a disc image and then use 9.0.7 with the blue ray plugin and burn a Bluray dvd?

Thanks,

That's what I did if you read one of my previous posts. In my case, I used 10.0.3 to create disc image and 9.0.5 (both with Blue-Ray plug-in) to burn. Seems to work OK to create BD-RE. I just noticed there is a 9.0.7 updater, so updating now.

Somebody needs to inform Roxio Support Crew that there is a problem with 10.0.3 and blueray disks..

I don't know how they jumped to the conclusion that I was trying to play a Bluray disk in my Mac, and they seem totally unaware that Toast will give you information about whatever valid disk you put in your Blueray burner...

I simply complained that I could no longer burn Bluray disks and that Toast crashed when trying to display the disk information...

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 812682)

Thank you for contacting Roxio,

You will need to purchase a 3rd party software to view disc info or playback blu-ray disc for more information contact Apple.

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update your webticket with a detailed explanation with the steps you have tried and any error messages you receive.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

Your feedback (good or bad) helps us improve our service and, of course, a pat on the back is always welcome. ;-) Please click the survey link below to let us know how we are doing.

Take the survey!

Just to add to the confirmation you already have: I use 10.0.3 to create a BD disc image, and 10.0.2 to burn BD.

Or rather "I have to use 10.0.3 to create a BD disc image, and 10.0.2 to burn BD, as 10.0.3 wont burn BD!" Just in case Roxio haven't noticed the problem! :)

Edited by mooblie