• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

EMarioC

No Drives Detected

Question

8 answers to this question

Thank you that worked!

Would you explain in detail what worked?

PxEngine 4 or PxEngine 3?

Thanks, cd

I used 4. This allowed me to see the drive with the Roxio Software, however Auto Play will not work. I tried a number of things as prescribed by Microsoft. To no avail.

I had DELL send me another DVD drive. It is behaving even more strangely. It will still not Auto Play and slows my system down considerable when there is a first placed in the drive. It will eventually open the dive in explorer and that's it. So I tried running 3 with this drive. No difference. I guess I will put the original drive back in...

Please be aware that recent Microsoft Windows security updates were designed to disable Autoplay as a safety measure, since people were using it to infect systems with malware.

It might pay to see if your system has had that Security update installed, since that might have disabled Autoplay.

I read the thread but I am not sure if the recommended solution here applies to my issue. I just completed a reinstall of MyDVD 9 Premier today. All looks great; seemed great. But, I need some help here.

I want to create a Data Disc. I selected the Add Data button to select the two files I want copied to a CD.

Drive D is displayed as Destination Selection; my DVD/CD drive. I load a blank CD-R disc from a spindle which I have been using for some time on my PC. The window on the bottom left with the disc image says "No Disc". The blank CD is loaded, files have been added but it shows no disc!

The drive opens with a message to "Please insert a blank or rewriteable CD or DVD (something very similar)". The drive works fine otherwise. I can play an audio CD or DVD. The issue is only in MyDVD. I did not have this issue previously. Any tips or suggestions?

I read the thread but I am not sure if the recommended solution here applies to my issue. I just completed a reinstall of MyDVD 9 Premier today. All looks great; seemed great. But, I need some help here.

I want to create a Data Disc. I selected the Add Data button to select the two files I want copied to a CD.

Drive D is displayed as Destination Selection; my DVD/CD drive. I load a blank CD-R disc from a spindle which I have been using for some time on my PC. The window on the bottom left with the disc image says "No Disc". The blank CD is loaded, files have been added but it shows no disc!

The drive opens with a message to "Please insert a blank or rewriteable CD or DVD (something very similar)". The drive works fine otherwise. I can play an audio CD or DVD. The issue is only in MyDVD. I did not have this issue previously. Any tips or suggestions?

You cannot create data discs with myDVD; it is used only for creating video DVDs.

Well, I feel stupid, for sure! I think. When I open up to Roxio Home, under the Most Frequent Tasks list is Data Disc. So, I guess that means that files are copied to a DVD, only! (That would make sense.)

Okay, I will complete that simple Copy to CD another way.

Thanks.