• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave how to question: FX and Overlay tracks

treehousemann

Question

Basic question that I just can't seem to find an answer for, but I know its here somewhere!

In Videowave, what are the overlay and FX tracks used for? I am making an assumption you can use the overlay track to drop in video clips as "coverage" over your main video and audio track? Does that make sense? The FX track I have no idea other than the apparent obvious of some kind of FX layer?

Any info would be appreciated as well as any workflow recommendation when using those tracks.

Thanks so much the info!

Tim

7 answers to this question

Basic question that I just can't seem to find an answer for, but I know its here somewhere!

In Videowave, what are the overlay and FX tracks used for? I am making an assumption you can use the overlay track to drop in video clips as "coverage" over your main video and audio track? Does that make sense? The FX track I have no idea other than the apparent obvious of some kind of FX layer?

Any info would be appreciated as well as any workflow recommendation when using those tracks.

Thanks so much the info!

Tim

You basically got it right. For overlay you can use the supplied overlays or your own video/photos. For the FX track you "overlay" the supllied FX effects on your video or images.

Just experiment to see what they doo :rolleyes: That is the best way to learn.

Ok

I took an exploratory try at overlays and FX. Its doesn't seem to be quiet what I am trying to do. Maybe there is a better way to do this. Here it is. I have a few interview clips that I drop into the time line. Those interviews become my main native audio track, but I want to be able to cover those interviews with some b-roll footage (video only) without cutting into that audio, and dissolve in and out from the b-roll to the interviews. Seem like a simple workflow, but I can't seem to find that path.. Does it exist?

Thanks..

Tim

Edited by treehousemann

Just put your "B" video on the overlay track. You then can resize it for PIP or let it cover the entire viewable area. For teh dissolve, select the overlay and View/Settings. Click the last TAB that looks like a little red ball (motion). The choose the motion in and out from the drop down lists.

post-49-1256168724.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

Thank you Gary. Its a huge help.

I will give it a try! I knew I could drop video in there, but no idea how to access transitions for the overlay or even that you could. That is great news! BTW, the link you provide isn't working. Can you re post?

Once again thanks for the input. I will report back with my results.

Tim.

Link? There no link unless you aren't seeing the image attached. Could be a forum issue. refresh this page to see if that works. I can see the image just fine.

This is an issue I wish Roxio would change. Videowave has always treated the overlay track differently from the main track when it comes to transitions. Other video editors don't.

Edited by ggrussell