• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

test pal format dvds

thebeorn

Question

9 answers to this question

I created a pal format dvd and thought Id test it. I loaded the ico filein the roxio image file program like I did my ntsc version. But it wont let me actually install it as on a virtual dvd drive so I can test it with roxio. What am I doing wrong??

It is an ISO file.

Don’t you think you would have to have a PAL Player??? Your PC can’t simulate the differences.

yikes my mac can emulate a PC with all its bizarre crazyness. I thought PAL is just a video format and I assumed that a computer could emulate it since my monitor can output pretty much any resolition. The Roxio CinePlayer has an option for Region control A,B and C. I thought this might be related to this issue but you say no. Its strange it only lets you change between regions 5 times for some reason.

yep you guys were right I recreated my mpg files using the both formats feature and then did a test dvd with mydvd in pal format and it runs fine on my computer but my dvd system comes back and says pal not accepted format so all is good with the world. If your making both formats you can save even more time rendering with the both formats feature under output ----export as . Thanks alot!!

yep you guys were right I recreated my mpg files using the both formats feature and then did a test dvd with mydvd in pal format and it runs fine on my computer but my dvd system comes back and says pal not accepted format so all is good with the world. If your making both formats you can save even more time rendering with the both formats feature under output ----export as . Thanks alot!!

Unless I am misreading your post ... "Both" does not mean that your output from "Export AS" will be in "both" formats. All that "Both" refers is this:

Both: Select this if you want to display both the NTSC and the PAL settings templates in the Video file quality drop-down list. When you choose a template, a brief description appears.

What this means is that both lists of templates are shown in the drop-down list. You still have to create separate files for NTSC and PAL so you do not save any time :rolleyes:

Thanks thebeorn,

With so many DVD players that automatically play both PAL and NTSC discs, this is not a topic we often see in the forums. It's good to know it works if it's needed.

He explained in another thread that where they are going, Kenya as I recall, PAL Players are available but not the ones that have the NTSC converter in them.