• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy burning error

buddio

Question

My DVD burner is a Plextor PX-850SA. I am using Roxio Creator 10CE software that came bundled with the drive. After creating an ISO file on hard drive and then burning from a DVD+R to a DVD-R I encounter this error message after burn:

"One or more of your files did not compare to their originals. It is recommended you try to create your disc again. Please remember to shut down all applications while disc creation is in progress."

I have made a clean install from instructions on this website. I have closed all applications and shut down Avast anti-virus protection. I used TDK discs as well as Memorex.....I actually got a decent burn out of the Memorex.

Windows XP Home

1.8 Ghz

1 gig ram

NVidia GForce 6600 256MB

I burned the DVD-R at 4X speed....I still get some artifacts....not much....and I don't get the true burn that I think I should. I can live with that for now but why the error message?......any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

My DVD burner is a Plextor PX-850SA. I am using Roxio Creator 10CE software that came bundled with the drive. After creating an ISO file on hard drive and then burning from a DVD+R to a DVD-R I encounter this error message after burn:

"One or more of your files did not compare to their originals. It is recommended you try to create your disc again. Please remember to shut down all applications while disc creation is in progress."

I have made a clean install from instructions on this website. I have closed all applications and shut down Avast anti-virus protection. I used TDK discs as well as Memorex.....I actually got a decent burn out of the Memorex.

Windows XP Home

1.8 Ghz

1 gig ram

NVidia GForce 6600 256MB

I burned the DVD-R at 4X speed....I still get some artifacts....not much....and I don't get the true burn that I think I should. I can live with that for now but why the error message?......any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance.

1. What brand of DVD+r and DVD-r is being used?

2. The error indicates problem with the media or recorder

3. Suggest using something like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden

4. Memorex is a no no most of the time.