• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ISO image to USB flash drive?

jeremygex

Question

Hello

I've never written an ISO image to disk. I tried to burn an ISO image to an 8.5 GB dual layer DVD disk, but unfortunately Roxio told me that there was not enough space on the disk.

So can I burn an ISO image to a 16GB USB flash drive (and make the drive bootable) using Roxio Creator 2009 (or Roxio 2010)?

If so, could you tell me how it's done?

Many thanks

Jeremy

8 answers to this question

Hello

I've never written an ISO image to disk. I tried to burn an ISO image to an 8.5 GB dual layer DVD disk, but unfortunately Roxio told me that there was not enough space on the disk.

So can I burn an ISO image to a 16GB USB flash drive (and make the drive bootable) using Roxio Creator 2009 (or Roxio 2010)?

If so, could you tell me how it's done?

Many thanks

Jeremy

Evidently, my previous post got lost somewhere.

What are you trying to burn to an .iso? Why aren't you burning the .iso to your hard drive.

What program, in the suite, are you using to burn the .iso file?

Evidently, my previous post got lost somewhere.

What are you trying to burn to an .iso? Why aren't you burning the .iso to your hard drive.

What program, in the suite, are you using to burn the .iso file?

Q1) What are you trying to burn to an .iso?

I'm trying to burn a video compilation presentation.

Q2) Why aren't you burning the .iso to your hard drive?

Forgive my naivety, but I've never heard of that! How is that done? It needs to go on portable media. Can I burn it to an external drive (not just simply copying the ISO to an external drive)? I've only heard about DVD videos with a menu system that boots as a result of ISO image; if I can't get the whole file onto a dual layer DVD then I'd like to use another portable form of media like a USB Flash Drive.

Q3) What program, in the suite are you using to burn the .iso file?

I right-clicked on the ISO file and selected OPEN, then Roxio Creator 2009 loaded up its Data-Copy section, with the option to Burn Disc Image.

I'm sorry to be so inexperienced with Roxio and burning; I bought it last year and haven't really used it much so far.

Burning = CDRW/DVDRW/BDRW not Flash/Jump drives. BTW what kind of content is in .ISO that you intend to use it USB drive?

Forgive my naivety, but I've never heard of that! How is that done? It needs to go on portable media. Can I burn it to an external drive (not just simply copying the ISO to an external drive)? I've only heard about DVD videos with a menu system that boots as a result of ISO image; if I can't get the whole file onto a dual layer DVD then I'd like to use another portable form of media like a USB Flash Drive.

I right-clicked on the ISO file and selected OPEN, then Roxio Creator 2009 loaded up its Data-Copy section, with the option to Burn Disc Image.

I'm sorry to be so inexperienced with Roxio and burning; I bought it last year and haven't really used it much so far.

So you are trying to burn an .iso image onto a flashdrive and then watch the video off the flashdrive? Maybe you can view it if you load it onto an emulated drive, but you are supposed to burn .iso images onto discs. I say maybe 'cause I can't ever get emulated drives to work for me ....

Did you create that large .iso file with a Roxio program?

I can't ever get emulated drives to work for me ....

Well why not?

We might have to split this off

ISO image to USB flash drive?, Can Roxio burn an ISO image to a bootable USB flash drive?I can't ever get emulated drives to work for me, my own post!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cd

Okay, so, it sounds like you already have the .ISO file, and you want to either write it to a DVD or in some way be able to mount it and view the contents? Is that right?

Use Disc Image Loader. Unlike Syrallas, I've not had a problem. Tell it to create the drive, then it may prompt you that it doesn't have any .ISO files to load and offer to search your drives for them. I usually decline the offer and manually Add the file(s) I want. Once you have your .ISO file added to the top pane, you can drag it to the emulated drive below and it will be mounted as a drive letter.

Hope that helps!

Okay, so, it sounds like you already have the .ISO file, and you want to either write it to a DVD or in some way be able to mount it and view the contents? Is that right?

Use Disc Image Loader. Unlike Syrallas, I've not had a problem. Tell it to create the drive, then it may prompt you that it doesn't have any .ISO files to load and offer to search your drives for them. I usually decline the offer and manually Add the file(s) I want. Once you have your .ISO file added to the top pane, you can drag it to the emulated drive below and it will be mounted as a drive letter.

Hope that helps!

Many thanks. I'll give that a go.