Roxioplazma

styler_ex@yahoo.com

Question

For some reason, when Burning to a DVD or to DVD-VIDEO onto Hard Drive, it creates the normal VIDEO_TS folder, but also creates a "Roxioplazma" folder which contains nothing, but causes it to not be able to play the DVD in a DVD player set top or DVD player application. Does anyone know why Roxio creates this folder? Or know how to stop Roxio from creating the folder. The only thing I can figure out trying is to create to DVD-VIDEO onto Hard Drive and then manually getitng rid of the "Roxioplazma" folder and re-burning it to DVD Disc.

Also, is anyone else having problems burning to DVD+R DL discs?

6 answers to this question

I got the same folders in my projects as well and, same as Bruce's, all of them play fine in set top DVD player and computer.

Everyone, I just wanted to let you know, I tried re-burning the DVD-VIDEO without the Roxioplazma folder and replaced it with an AUDIO_TS folder and it worked great. So as for all of you that were able to play with the Roxioplazma folder, I haven't a clue why mine won't on mine, but I have found a solution that works for me. Thanks for the responses.

Everyone, I just wanted to let you know, I tried re-burning the DVD-VIDEO without the Roxioplazma folder and replaced it with an AUDIO_TS folder and it worked great. So as for all of you that were able to play with the Roxioplazma folder, I haven't a clue why mine won't on mine, but I have found a solution that works for me. Thanks for the responses.

I am glad that that worked for you. A solution that works is what counts the most.

For some reason, when Burning to a DVD or to DVD-VIDEO onto Hard Drive, it creates the normal VIDEO_TS folder, but also creates a "Roxioplazma" folder which contains nothing, but causes it to not be able to play the DVD in a DVD player set top or DVD player application. Does anyone know why Roxio creates this folder? Or know how to stop Roxio from creating the folder. The only thing I can figure out trying is to create to DVD-VIDEO onto Hard Drive and then manually getitng rid of the "Roxioplazma" folder and re-burning it to DVD Disc.

Also, is anyone else having problems burning to DVD+R DL discs?

The Roxioplasma folder is the same as the Audio_TS folder on commercial DVD's. It isn't really needed when the audio is included in the video production that you made.

However, the Roxioplasma folder should not be causing a problem with your set top DVD player or application player. If that is happening, then there is something wrong with the burn.

The Roxioplasma folder is the same as the Audio_TS folder on commercial DVD's. It isn't really needed when the audio is included in the video production that you made.

However, the Roxioplasma folder should not be causing a problem with your set top DVD player or application player. If that is happening, then there is something wrong with the burn.

Oh ok I get it, but yeah, for some reason, ROXIO, for some reason creates a Roxioplazma folder instead of a Audio_TS folder, creating the confusion for the player. But once I get home, I will see if re-burning with the DVD-VIDEO folder of VIDEO_TS and a newly created AUDIO_TS will fool it and work. Thanks, for the reply.

Oh ok I get it, but yeah, for some reason, ROXIO, for some reason creates a Roxioplazma folder instead of a Audio_TS folder, creating the confusion for the player. But once I get home, I will see if re-burning with the DVD-VIDEO folder of VIDEO_TS and a newly created AUDIO_TS will fool it and work. Thanks, for the reply.

I have created a multitude of projects in EMC 7, EMC 7.5, and EMC 8. I have only done a few in version 8, but ALL of my projects have a RoxioPlasma folder, and every one of the DVD's plays in my computer player and my set top DVD player, so the RoxioPlasma folder is not confusing my burners or players.

EDIT: I only looked at 20 discs just now, so some of the others may be without a RoxioPlasma folder.

I have created a multitude of projects in EMC 7, EMC 7.5, and EMC 8. I have only done a few in version 8, but ALL</B> of my projects have a RoxioPlasma folder, and every one of the DVD's plays in my computer player and my set top DVD player, so the RoxioPlasma folder is not confusing my burners or players.

EDIT: I only looked at 20 discs just now, so some of the others may be without a RoxioPlasma folder.

I got the same folders in my projects as well and, same as Bruce's, all of them play fine in set top DVD player and computer.

Archived