• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Inserting Photo

SteveHerman

Question

1 answer to this question

I am a newbie. I would like to insert a photo at a particular point on the video I'm editing, show it, with just the audio from the video, and then make the photo go away after about 10 seconds. I can't seem to figure out how to insert it at the exact spot I want. Help!

Here is one way to do it using overlays.

I hope you are working with Videowave and using the timeline..

First move the timeline cursor to the location where you want to insert the photo and create a split at that point. Select the segment to the right of the split and then click on Internal Tracks. Now using the Media Selector navigate to the folder containing the photo you want to insert. Select the photo and track it to the overlay track (Ovl 1). Then double click on the just added overlay and a new window will open where you can do some adjusting such as having the photo fade in and out and you can also adjust the duration to 10 secs.

I hope this is enough to get you started. Experimenting with the different options is the best way to learn.