• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I can burn cd's but not dvd's

I have an Dell and use windows 98 XP. I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Since I purchased the software I was able to burn both CD's and DVD's, when I try to copy DVD's now I get the error message "No Common Speed" and it will not allow me to enter a speed to copy the DVD's. Can someone please tell me how I can go into my computer to enter a write speed. I can get as far as the point of copying the DVD but when it prompts me to insert the blank DVD (-r) I insert the blank and get the error message "NO COMMON SPEED". How can I correct this problem? Thanking you in advance for your time and attention to this matter. Madbull1954

I have an Dell and use windows 98 XP. I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Since I purchased the software I was able to burn both CD's and DVD's, when I try to copy DVD's now I get the error message "No Common Speed" and it will not allow me to enter a speed to copy the DVD's. Can someone please tell me how I can go into my computer to enter a write speed. I can get as far as the point of copying the DVD but when it prompts me to insert the blank DVD (-r) I insert the blank and get the error message "NO COMMON SPEED". How can I correct this problem? Thanking you in advance for your time and attention to this matter. Madbull1954

What are you trying to copy FROM - is this something you created yourself? Is the original DVD dash or DVD plus or a commercial disc?

One thing that strikes me as a possibility has to do with the fact that sector sizes on DVD plus are larger than on DVD dash.

Lynn

It seems like that message used to pop up when trying to use 2 drives to make copies.Do you have 2 DVD burners in your machine?Are you caching the copy to hard disk first and then burning the DVD?I'm pretty sure that message has to do with your drives not matching.

Archived