Creator Classic 7.5 stops burn process after audio effects

luwhaley

Question

I am an experienced user. I use Windows XP. I always disable Norton Antivirus. This problem is new... I have never had this problem in the past. When I burn a music CD with downloaded music, Creator Classic 7.5 runs through its effects process (ie. normalizing & tracks recognition), when finished, it ends the process without burning a CD.

It IS able to burn, as usual, any songs from a purchased CD. I have done quite a bit of testing. It seems like it doesn't want to connect to Windows Media Player.?? I notice that Roxio is not on the default list of other media players.

My Windows XP has all of the latest updates, and my Roxio also has all of the latest updates.

Has Windows XP updates added a security update that has disallowed access from Roxio, or, does it have to do with my media player defaults? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Lu-Ann

4 answers to this question

I am an experienced user. I use Windows XP. I always disable Norton Antivirus. This problem is new... I have never had this problem in the past. When I burn a music CD with downloaded music, Creator Classic 7.5 runs through its effects process (ie. normalizing & tracks recognition), when finished, it ends the process without burning a CD.

It IS able to burn, as usual, any songs from a purchased CD. I have done quite a bit of testing. It seems like it doesn't want to connect to Windows Media Player.?? I notice that Roxio is not on the default list of other media players.

My Windows XP has all of the latest updates, and my Roxio also has all of the latest updates.

Has Windows XP updates added a security update that has disallowed access from Roxio, or, does it have to do with my media player defaults? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Lu-Ann

Is IE 7 one of your XP updates? If yes, then that could be part of the problem since IE 7 interferes and breaks EMC 7/7.5. Another possiblity is that the downloaded music is protected and EMC cannot burn them. You might have to use the software from your download site to burn to CD.

What does Roxio have to do with WMP? What do you mean by "Roxio is not on the default list of other media players"?

Is IE 7 one of your XP updates? If yes, then that could be part of the problem since IE 7 interferes and breaks EMC 7/7.5. Another possiblity is that the downloaded music is protected and EMC cannot burn them. You might have to use the software from your download site to burn to CD.

What does Roxio have to do with WMP? What do you mean by "Roxio is not on the default list of other media players"?

Yeah. I had trouble with IE7 a few weeks ago. It messed up a bunch of stuff, including EMC. Had to go back to IE6.

Archived