• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Classic (2009) Illegal Operation with Pictures

Rex VH

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to copy my .jpeg pictures to DVD using Creator Classic (2009). I can add one folder to the project without any problem. However, when I try to add the second folder, it hangs saying "adding files to the project list..." and shows the last file in the directory. I've let it just sit there and it never returns. Eventually, I hit Cancel, and it asks me if I'm sure I want to stop adding files to the project. I click Yes, and it says "canceling..." then performs an illegal operation (Windows says "Roxio Creator Classic has encountered a problem and needs to close..."). I click Send Error Report and try again, with the same disappointing results.

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by Rex VH

12 answers to this question

Thanks, guys! I am running SP4, and when I check for updates, it says that my software is up-to-date. I will try adding a folder, then adding the files to the folder when I get home.

If it's helpful, I should also mention Roxio Creator 2009 is running on a home built computer, with:

AMD 3.0 Ghz processor

4GB of memory

2 500GB drives (Raid 5, seen as 1 physical disk).

I've had the software for about 9 months and I've never been able to burn DVDs with pictures, though now is the only time I really need to.

Edited by Rex VH

Create a folder, where? Copy pictures from where?

I tried creating a new folder in the Creator Classic software, which would be the root folder on the DVD project. I tried to copy my pictures from another folder on a drive on my computer. My computer has 3 hard drives: 1 for the system, and the other two (500GB SATA drives) tied together via RAID, and denominated as the E:.

So, I tried creating a new folder in the DVD project then dragging (copy/paste, etc) the pictures from the E: to the new folder in the DVD. A dialog box pops up and lists every folder that's added (e.g., Adding E:\Pictures\Picture Folder 1) until it gets to the last folder to be added, then locks up on the last *file* to be added (e.g., Adding E:\Pictures\Picture Folder 3\Picture_29.jpg).

You didn’t say anything about having a bunch of folders being in there…

2 more things to try:

Classic – new project, make sure you have Project Settings at UDF – No Bridge. Try adding all those files.

Try using the Home app Burn Data Disc (for ease of use, use Explorer to drag the folders onto the application.

Let us know how that works out!

Hey Jim,

I tried setting up the project the way you recommended (UDF – No Bridge) and it worked like a champ. I'm still a little disappointed that it gives an illegal operation, but glad that - with your help - I got it work. Thank you all very much for your assistance.

-Rex

Hey Jim,

I tried setting up the project the way you recommended (UDF – No Bridge) and it worked like a champ. I'm still a little disappointed that it gives an illegal operation, but glad that - with your help - I got it work. Thank you all very much for your assistance.

-Rex

I do not really know why it would do that???

Clean Install would be the next step, but you have a workaround for now, so maybe just leave it at that…