Slideshows

CuVol

Question

I have just purchased Creator 2010, and am trying to create some slideshows using the photographs of my trip to New Zealand. I wan't to burn them to a Video CD so that I can look at them on my television.

All of the ones I've added appear correctly in the "added photo's" window. But when I run the preview, some of them just appear as black squares, so I don't know if they would appear correctly if I burned them to the video CD.

Has anyone else come across this problem, and how did they get over it

11 answers to this question

It is a Video Card issue.

The workaround is easy, go into VideoWave or MyDVD and click on Tools – Options – Render and switch it to Software.

Give that a try and let us know…

Curious??? Almost no one does VCD anymore. The quality of a DVD is so much greater while fewer and fewer DVD Players even support VCD playback these days???

Also, you didn’t say, but VideoWave is the place to build your slideshows and burn them in MyDVD. The Assistants really pale in comparison.

I am having the same problem, but my problem started when I turned Software rendering on. With hardware rendering on, I was constantly losing my transitions. I submitted a problem ticket and was told to turn Software rendering on. When I did, I started getting black displays for some of the slides (about 60 percent). I can see the slides in the timeline but if I click on them, they are black in the display. They also show as black on the playback.

I started in Videowave and selected the slideshow option. This is a great way to create an initial slideshow when you have a lot of photos as I did. I've used this in the last two versions of Videowave and have always had the problem with losing the transitions. I am using 2010. I need this to work. As it is now, neither hardware or software rendering is working for me. I have a quad core 3.4mhz processor with 8gb of RAM running Vista 64.

I am having the same problem, but my problem started when I turned Software rendering on. With hardware rendering on, I was constantly losing my transitions. I submitted a problem ticket and was told to turn Software rendering on. When I did, I started getting black displays for some of the slides (about 60 percent). I can see the slides in the timeline but if I click on them, they are black in the display. They also show as black on the playback.

I started in Videowave and selected the slideshow option. This is a great way to create an initial slideshow when you have a lot of photos as I did. I've used this in the last two versions of Videowave and have always had the problem with losing the transitions. I am using 2010. I need this to work. As it is now, neither hardware or software rendering is working for me. I have a quad core 3.4mhz processor with 8gb of RAM running Vista 64.

I have never used the slideshow option in VW, many posters report problems with that feature such as "black images".

Start with VW and stay with it.

Why not do a test with no transitions and see if you get any "black displays". If not, then add transitions and see which one is giving you problems. Some transitions of course do not work at all in software rendering since they rely on the 3D features built into the video card. So perhaps some of your problems are because of the video card in your system.

This is an update to my problem with black images. I went back to Creator 2009 and tried the same thing using Software rendering. Everything works as I want to, but in 2010 I see the black images. Because it works in 2009, I don't think it can have anything to do with my video card. I see several reports in other forums of the same problem with 2010, so I think it is a problem with the software.

The slideshow assistant is very valuable to me. I shoot many church events and often have 150 or more photos to combine with music. The slideshow assistant can organize these and adjust the duration to the music. I can then edit the assembled product using Videowave, adjusting Pans and zooms as needed and then burn a DVD for the church to use. The slideshow assistant is one of the primary reasons I am using Roxio and not another product.

This is an update to my problem with black images. I went back to Creator 2009 and tried the same thing using Software rendering. Everything works as I want to, but in 2010 I see the black images. Because it works in 2009, I don't think it can have anything to do with my video card. I see several reports in other forums of the same problem with 2010, so I think it is a problem with the software.

The slideshow assistant is very valuable to me. I shoot many church events and often have 150 or more photos to combine with music. The slideshow assistant can organize these and adjust the duration to the music. I can then edit the assembled product using Videowave, adjusting Pans and zooms as needed and then burn a DVD for the church to use. The slideshow assistant is one of the primary reasons I am using Roxio and not another product.

And, unfortunately, you found out that the Assistant isn't going to work for you, in Creator 2010. If it worked for you, in Creator 2009, then there is no reason to move up to Creator 2010.

VideoWave can do what you want to do (and a lot more), without using the Assistant. You just need to learn a new way of doing things, is all.

And, unfortunately, you found out that the Assistant isn't going to work for you, in Creator 2010. If it worked for you, in Creator 2009, then there is no reason to move up to Creator 2010.

VideoWave can do what you want to do (and a lot more), without using the Assistant. You just need to learn a new way of doing things, is all.

I, respectfully disagree, it is a VW Tool, it should work!

ednet, let’s explore this a little farther… Tell us the your PC specs. I don’t have time at the moment, but later I will look into this deeper.

I also agree that it should work. I upgraded to Creator 2010 at my expense and I want to use the most recent version of the software. My system is a quad core Intel processor running at 3.4ghz. I have 8gb of ram and 3 hard drives with at least 200gb free space on each. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS. There are some nice features in the 2010 version that I want to use, so I would like to see this fixed.

This appears to be a video card issue. Another user upgraded to Geforce 9400GT and still had the issue. Upgraded again to the 9800GT and the problem went away. I'm guessing it has something to do with the DirectX capabilities of the older cards.

If the problem is with the video card, why does Creator 2009 work properly with the video card and 2010 does not? I am using Software rendering with both, so that should reduce the impact of the video card.

Good question - maybe someone from Roxio could answer that for us. Roxio added CUDA and ATI Stream so maybe that messed something up. I did have the 7600GS, but built a new computer about the same time as C2010 came out. At the moment, I'm using the chipset on my MOBO which is ATI HD3300. It is lower end and I'm surprised that I'm not having issues.