• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Compression

garethleatham

Question

Hi, can anyone help whenever i try to compress a dvd that is bigger than 4.7GB with Disc Copier it just copies it to the exact size it was before, no errors, nothing. I've selected DVD-R it then says either good quality or whatever depending on the size of the original. I've had to revert to using DVD Shrink For Now, seems I've wasted my money.

6 answers to this question

Hi, can anyone help whenever i try to compress a dvd that is bigger than 4.7GB with Disc Copier it just copies it to the exact size it was before, no errors, nothing. I've selected DVD-R it then says either good quality or whatever depending on the size of the original. I've had to revert to using DVD Shrink For Now, seems I've wasted my money.

Having similar problems - compression work under the Ver 8 Home Suite, when I upgraded to Ver 8 Deluxe Suite, I could no lonnger use compression with any success.

Is there a problem with starting a new thread as per your other posts? Give us a little more information about what you are doing and somethings about your computer. Are you using XP SP2 or W2000 SP4.

How did you upgrade to Deluxe version?

Don't compress; make an iso file out of your project and then copy it to a new DVD. You will be able to fit it to disc.

Having similar problems - compression work under the Ver 8 Home Suite, when I upgraded to Ver 8 Deluxe Suite, I could no lonnger use compression with any success.

If the file is already small enough to fit without compressing, DC will not compress it. It does this so it can make the copy exact or as close to the original file quality as possible.

sorry I should of added that the DVD I'm trying to compress is 6.5GB and just copies it as 6.5GB even though I've selected DVD-R which should mean it should copy it as 4.7GB

Sorry but you are not making any sense… Are you using Disc Copier?

Would you describe the specifics, your source, your destination and the steps between the 2.

4.7GB with Disc Copier it just copies it to the exact size it was before,
Sounds like you are going from a folder to a folder. I don't think DC will compress that way. If the source is a video_ts folder, try actually burning to a disc. That way the destination really is 4.7gig and forces DC to compress.

Archived