• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
teacherman

How to COPY PROTECT a CD

Question

Using Toast 9....Is there a way to COPY PROTECT a CD? I'm burning original DATA files that I would like to (if all possible) not allow the disc to be copied. Is this possible?

Thanks,

2 answers to this question

Toast cannot do this. I don't know what can. You could encrypt the contents so that users need the decryption code to access the content.

Toast cannot do this. I don't know what can. You could encrypt the contents so that users need the decryption code to access the content.

Digidesign used to support an Audio CD Burning software called "Masterlist" where there was the Option to Copy Protect the audio CD from being digitally copied. And it worked perfectly. I know this to be true because many of my clients would call me back the next day complaining that they were not able to copy CD's that I burned for them....realizing that I had accidently enabled Copy Protect, I would have to re-burn their CD's with the Copy Protection Disabled.

But, I realize that I'm burning DATA files and as far as I know Masterlist does not support DATA files.

Though, it would be great if there were an option in TOAST to copy protect CD/DVDs (DATA and/or Audio) from being digitially copied.