QUICKTIME FROM FINAL CUT EXPRESS

Piddlesdad

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm confused by your description. You saved your Final Cut Express movie as a Full Quality QuickTime movie. Is that correct? Or is it saved in h.264 or something else? Are you trying to make it into a video DVD using Toast that plays in a regular DVD player? If so, Toast has to re-encode it to 720x480 anamorphic 16:9 standard-definition video. That does take a long time but not as long as you're experiencing (unless this was a very, very long wedding). How fast is your Mac? What settings are you using in Toast? What format is the FCE exported video? How much RAM do you have?

By the way, whenever you have a project that requires long encoding times it is a very good idea to choose Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. That way you don't have to start over if something goes wrong in burning the disc. The disc image is burned to disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Also, please do not use all capitals when writing posts. All caps indicates shouting.

I'm confused by your description. You saved your Final Cut Express movie as a Full Quality QuickTime movie. Is that correct? Or is it saved in h.264 or something else? Are you trying to make it into a video DVD using Toast that plays in a regular DVD player? If so, Toast has to re-encode it to 720x480 anamorphic 16:9 standard-definition video. That does take a long time but not as long as you're experiencing (unless this was a very, very long wedding). How fast is your Mac? What settings are you using in Toast? What format is the FCE exported video? How much RAM do you have?

By the way, whenever you have a project that requires long encoding times it is a very good idea to choose Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. That way you don't have to start over if something goes wrong in burning the disc. The disc image is burned to disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Also, please do not use all capitals when writing posts. All caps indicates shouting.

Sorry about the caps

After 26 hours it stopped and said general error .

So I used quick time movie instead of quick time conversio which gave me a 65g file in about an hour.

I have a McBkPro Dual2.3 w 3 gigs ram. 100 720rpm Hard Drive Using an external.

Now I am trying to burn to a BD Dual layer disc and Toast 9 indicates 37g space available

how do I make Toast 9 use up whole space for best quality.

Thanks for your response

Sorry about the caps

After 26 hours it stopped and said general error .

So I used quick time movie instead of quick time conversio which gave me a 65g file in about an hour.

I have a McBkPro Dual2.3 w 3 gigs ram. 100 720rpm Hard Drive Using an external.

Now I am trying to burn to a BD Dual layer disc and Toast 9 indicates 37g space available

how do I make Toast 9 use up whole space for best quality.

Thanks for your response

Toast has a custom encoder settings window that you access by clicking More and then Encoding and then Custom. You'll see that the default is MPEG 4 but you also can encode in MPEG 2. There also are adjustable settings for average and maximum bit rates. I don't know what is best.

Toast has a custom encoder settings window that you access by clicking More and then Encoding and then Custom. You'll see that the default is MPEG 4 but you also can encode in MPEG 2. There also are adjustable settings for average and maximum bit rates. I don't know what is best.

Thank You