• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
David Zizza

SLOW Burn Times

Question

Just moved from Toast 9 to Toast 10, and it seems as if the Toast is burning... I recently needed to add a video to an existing Toast file and reburn. The files were encoded PAL and needed to be converted to NTSC. Fine. It took approximately 10 hours to burn 1 DVD! On a typical audio disk where I convert 2 MP3 files, it takes about 30 minutes to burn, even though it says it will be done in 3 minutes! What happened? The only reason I moved to Toast 10 was to correct a glitch with EyeTV 3.2. Well that was fixed, but this problem is much, much worse. Anyone else experience the slow burn (like the one I am beginning to feel after $99)? I am running an 2.33GHz iMac with 3GB RAM and a 500GB HD under system 10.6.1.

Edited by David Zizza

4 answers to this question

I don't find Toast 10 to be slower than earlier versions. I suggest you trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. Something seems wrong but I can't guess what it is.

Update as promised. CDs still take an unusually long time to burn and only burn at speeds of 2x-4x. I know the drive is capable of a faster burn and I am using 52x speed disks. Thoughts? I had to return also to version 10.0.5 to correct a burning problem with EyeTV (again). Anyone know of another product that works better?

Update as promised. CDs still take an unusually long time to burn and only burn at speeds of 2x-4x. I know the drive is capable of a faster burn and I am using 52x speed disks. Thoughts? I had to return also to version 10.0.5 to correct a burning problem with EyeTV (again). Anyone know of another product that works better?

I have no explanation for this. What brand of discs are you using. It could be the drive's firmware is struggling with the discs. Check with a different brand of quality media (not Memorex).