• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Weekly Survey,, anyone burn a Bluray with 10.0.3?

MisterCookie

Question

19 answers to this question

Taking my weekly survey in my quest to find someone who has been able to burn a bluray disk with 10.0.3.

I doubt you will find anyone who can make 10.0.3 able to work with blu-ray. You need to use an older version to burn to blu-ray. 10.0.3 almost gets chapters from FCP working, but now does not do BD. These are the two features I bought the software for, and so far, neither feature works. Very frustrating.

Well, I thought so, but with the Roxio Tech support not admitting to a problem, and instead telling me 20 different ways to uninstall and re-install 10.0.3, I wanted to see for sure...

I doubt you will find anyone who can make 10.0.3 able to work with blu-ray. You need to use an older version to burn to blu-ray. 10.0.3 almost gets chapters from FCP working, but now does not do BD. These are the two features I bought the software for, and so far, neither feature works. Very frustrating.

Well, I thought so, but with the Roxio Tech support not admitting to a problem, and instead telling me 20 different ways to uninstall and re-install 10.0.3, I wanted to see for sure...

I'm sure this issue is being looked at while Tech Support may not be aware of it. I suggest continue using 10.0.2 for now until a fix :)

1. Confirm if the drive supports BDRE

2. Try using Verbatim or TDK vs any other brand.

Digitalmaster,

I am using an Imac with Intel chip. There is snow leopard 10.3. How do I know if the drive support BDRE. I thought that I could select Blu-ray setting in Toast 10 and burn onto Blu-ray. The burning in Blu-ray does work on regular DVD-R.

Thanks

Digitalmaster,

I am using an Imac with Intel chip. There is snow leopard 10.3. How do I know if the drive support BDRE. I thought that I could select Blu-ray setting in Toast 10 and burn onto Blu-ray. The burning in Blu-ray does work on regular DVD-R.

Thanks

Check in the user manual for your burner, or go to the company web site and look up your burner.

Digitalmaster,

Thanks

1. Launch Toast

2. Click on Recorder Settings on the top menu

3. Click on 3rd tab providing your recorder model

4. Check CD/DVD drive capabilities

Taking my weekly survey in my quest to find someone who has been able to burn a bluray disk with 10.0.3.

I have Titanium Pro 10.0.3 The other day I tried burning a Blu-ray short video to a DVD-R. I took it to Best Buy to see if it would play on one of their Blu-ray players. It didn't play. The sales guy pretty much had an annoying look on his face like I completely wasted his time. Back to the drawing board. I did some research on what the directory should look like and tried burning a disk image. Looked OK, but I couldn't play it on my Mac Pro (Snow Leopard). So I took the same disc I burned a few days ago to Sears this time. It played on every one of the 3 demo Blu-ray players they had hooked up! I used a 1280x720 video that I exported from FotoMagico Pro 3.08 to make the Blu-ray disc. OK, back to Best Buy. They no longer had the machine I tried the other day. Every Blu-ray player I put the disc in worked! HOT #$^@! Now I gotta burn me a 1920x1080.

Hi all,

We have released Toast 10.0.4 update. Please install the update and let us know if you continue having the issue

Thanks!

Ivan

I have not yet burned a blu-ray format on a dvd-r using Toast 10.0.4. I have done so successfully on 10.0.3. However, the Intel Imac, with the newly installed Toast 10.0.4 with Snow Leopard 10.6.1, will not accept either a BD-RE or BD-R. (The computer keeps spitting the disc out of the Imac before I can even try to burn to the Blu-ray disc). I guess this means that an Apple definitely needs an external burner added to burn onto Blu-ray discs. While it is very useful to burn onto DVD-R, the DVD-R does not accept a one hour show without somehow compressing the video. An external Blu-ray drive is presently about $350.

I have not yet burned a blu-ray format on a dvd-r using Toast 10.0.4. I have done so successfully on 10.0.3. However, the Intel Imac, with the newly installed Toast 10.0.4 with Snow Leopard 10.6.1, will not accept either a BD-RE or BD-R. (The computer keeps spitting the disc out of the Imac before I can even try to burn to the Blu-ray disc). I guess this means that an Apple definitely needs an external burner added to burn onto Blu-ray discs. While it is very useful to burn onto DVD-R, the DVD-R does not accept a one hour show without somehow compressing the video. An external Blu-ray drive is presently about $350.

OK - you obviously didn't read my earlier post (or indeed the specs of your iMac). No Mac of any type will read/write Blu-ray discs on its internal drive. You need to attach an external Blu-ray drive. I can't make it any clearer.

You say "I have done so successfully on 10.0.3" - clearly NOT with any Mac's internal drive. So how come you're trying an internal drive now?

OK - you obviously didn't read my earlier post (or indeed the specs of your iMac). No Mac of any type will read/write Blu-ray discs on its internal drive. You need to attach an external Blu-ray drive. I can't make it any clearer.

You say "I have done so successfully on 10.0.3" - clearly NOT with any Mac's internal drive. So how come you're trying an internal drive now?

Mooblie, I think that he said that he burned DVD-R, with the previous version. I could do it as well. Of course neither version will burn or accept BD burnable media of either type, because the internal drives do not support it, unless he has a Mac-pro and installs after market blu-ray burner in it. I think that there is often miscommunication between media and content, and between true Blu-ray disc and AVCHD disc, or BD-5 or BD-9 discs (BD on DVD media).

Edited by ComPH

Well ComPH, you're a more generous soul than I am!

The statement "....the Intel Imac....will not accept either a BD-RE or BD-R. The computer keeps spitting the disc out...." shows some serious lack of understanding to me!

I apologise to 5551212info for my shortness - it's late Friday night here in UK!

I find it interesting that the 10.0.3 updater was 800mb and the 10.0.4 updater is 400mb...

The installation is a simple drag and drop, so each release stands on it's own (ie each update is actually a full release)....so what's with the extra 400mb in 10.0.3?

Anyway, 10.0.4 successfully displays the Disk Info of a BD, something 10.0.3 always crashed on...

I'll try burning a BDRW tomorrow and let y'all know the results....

Edited by MisterCookie

The code size is a concern I had as well. I doubt anyone will answer that for us, but they either kept lot of dead garbage in the code and finally cleaned it up, or dropped some functionality, found some miraculous compression, or somehow didn't have to load the whole thing - it's making me little nervous, but if everything works, that is what counts. Please let us know how everything worked with the BDRW.

Edited by ComPH

BDRW burn works, as does BDR. No menu problems with the Sony players either.

The code size is a concern I had as well. I doubt anyone will answer that for us, but they either kept lot of dead garbage in the code and finally cleaned it up, or dropped some functionality, found some miraculous compression, or somehow didn't have to load the whole thing - it's making me little nervous, but if everything works, that is what counts. Please let us know how everything worked with the BDRW.