• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ISO vs Video_Folder

malatekid

Question

I always create a disc image (ISO) and then burn onto a DVD.

1) Does burning an ISO to DVD give a better quality video than burning the corresponding video folder?

2) Also, which image burns faster, ISo or video folder?

3) When would you use one over the other?

Jess :)

9 answers to this question

Thanks. Just thinking if both have the same quality but if one burns faster, I would do the quicker one as I usually burn more than 15 copies of the same video in most of my projects.

An ISO file is an image of the DVD and as such really has nothing to do with quality. An ISO file can contain a Video_TS folder, data etc,. A Video_TS folder defines the structure of a DVD video.

An ISO file is an image of the DVD

Exactly right Walt, a 100% clone copy of the files and burned back 100% clone copy. A DVD saved in video_ts folders as files are messed with by the software and rearranged back to DVD. Remember faster or slower burns mean nothing. You have to find that sweet spot your burner and media like to give you good disc quality check scores.

cdanteek

Oh sure, now you tell me! I would've used that information this morning before burning a DVD. Oh well, still an excellent addition to the arsenal.

I guess I better mention the rest of the tricks needed to do this…

Project settings: UDF 102 – No Bridge, Read Only

Classic will not allow a VIDEO_TS folder to be added to a project. It will let you trick it by creating a New Folder and renaming it to VIEDO_TS.

Of course you have to copy the contents of your VIDEO_TS to the new one you created.

And of course, add the other folders/files that you want to be in your project.

An ISO file is an image of the DVD and as such really has nothing to do with quality. An ISO file can contain a Video_TS folder, data etc,. A Video_TS folder defines the structure of a DVD video.

So using(burning onto DVD) either one --ISO or video folder-- should not matter as far as quality is concerned?

The Video Folder route has one advantage. You can add non video files and folders to it and burn it from Classic. (Note: won't work in V7).

I did a video project this way and included all the blueprint files that were associated with that particular job. I ended up with a 45 minute video and folders with 3,175 tif files neatly fitting on one 4.7 DVD.

The Video Folder route has one advantage. You can add non video files and folders to it and burn it from Classic. (Note: won't work in V7).

I did a video project this way and included all the blueprint files that were associated with that particular job. I ended up with a 45 minute video and folders with 3,175 tif files neatly fitting on one 4.7 DVD.

Nice to know this.

Thanks.

Oh sure, now you tell me! I would've used that information this morning before burning a DVD. Oh well, still an excellent addition to the arsenal.

I always create a disc image (ISO) and then burn onto a DVD.

1) Does burning an ISO to DVD give a better quality video than burning the corresponding video folder?

2) Also, which image burns faster, ISo or video folder?

3) When would you use one over the other?

Jess :)

I haven't tried to compare the 2 as far as speed but I can't tell the difference in quality. I use the ISO method 90% of the time but really don't have a reason why...just like it.

I haven't tried to compare the 2 as far as speed but I can't tell the difference in quality. I use the ISO method 90% of the time but really don't have a reason why...just like it.

Thanks. Just thinking if both have the same quality but if one burns faster, I would do the quicker one as I usually burn more than 15 copies of the same video in most of my projects.

Archived