• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2010 Special Edition will not install

ozcanus

Question

I have tried almost all of the suggestions to try and get Creator 2010 to install on a Vista Home system. Vista is fully updated with all the MS patches; I turned off Macafee and disabled all startup services. I tried the install 6 times and it starts to roll back at different places. The last two times, 'error message 0643' appeared at the end. What else can I try? I do have Roxio Creator 2009 installed and did not uninstall it before starting this sinced there is no instruction in the manual to do so. What else can I try??

5 answers to this question

I have tried almost all of the suggestions to try and get Creator 2010 to install on a Vista Home system. Vista is fully updated with all the MS patches; I turned off Macafee and disabled all startup services. I tried the install 6 times and it starts to roll back at different places. The last two times, 'error message 0643' appeared at the end. What else can I try? I do have Roxio Creator 2009 installed and did not uninstall it before starting this sinced there is no instruction in the manual to do so. What else can I try??

You have to find out how to DISABLE McAfee. Turning it off does nothing. If you can't disable it, uninstall it, because it is killing your install of the Roxio software.

You have to find out how to DISABLE McAfee. Turning it off does nothing. If you can't disable it, uninstall it, because it is killing your install of the Roxio software.

I DISABLED Macafee; followed the Clean Install instructions to clean my machine of all Roxio, Sonic and EMC programs and data, disabled all Start processes and STILL got the same result - Rollback. Vista is completely up to date on all MS patches and service packs. Is anyone else in the same situation??

I DISABLED Macafee; followed the Clean Install instructions to clean my machine of all Roxio, Sonic and EMC programs and data, disabled all Start processes and STILL got the same result - Rollback. Vista is completely up to date on all MS patches and service packs. Is anyone else in the same situation??

Check few posts here and see if any of the method is helpful.

Edited by firenhancer