AtlanticVideography

Your problems might be your driver updates.

Question

Hello,

If you are all of a sudden having problems with Roxio, it may be from any recent updates you've done to your drivers. For example: I was having a problem with CineMagic. My videos kept having glitches in them. Then I realized this only started occurring AFTER I updated my video card drivers. I went to the device manager under display (Vista) and rolled the driver back to it's previous version, restarted, and voila, it's working again.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by AtlanticVideography

3 answers to this question

In your case, what video card do you have and what version upgrade did you install?

My video card is: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

I went from Driver Date 9/12/2008, Driver Version 7.15.11.7904 to the newest update (not sure the date or version of the newest update as I rolled it back to the current version I just listed).

All I'm saying is be careful when you update your video card to its latest drivers. In my case, for what ever reason, the new video driver update caused a problem with Roxio's CineMagic. I don't know why. The problem was corrected ONLY after I rolled back to my previous video card driver.

I have the same videocard NVIDIA Gforce 9600 gm. I noticed some odd things happening in Videowave where some images were not fading but persisting as background. This was particularly noticeable when a full frame pic was followed by one in portrait format.

I also had the latest drive dated 19/08/09 rev 8.16.11.8681. Rp;;ing back the driver to 9/12/08 7.15.11.7904 caused this odd phenomenon to disappear. Thanks for the tip