• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I have installed the software, properly connected all cables (RCA connection), and still get 'No Signal'. I tried just recording anyway, and it didn't record anything. The USB key is plugged directly into my computer, and I have tried unplugging and re-connecting everything.. several times.

Help Please!

21 answers to this question

Is the Source good?

If you hook the RCA cables to your TV does it play OK?

Then would you have any other RCA source you could use to test with it?

Same here. No signal on Mac portable using Mac Os 10.5.8. USB ports work fine with other devices. Video and audio cables secure. Tried 2 vcrs. No luck. Disgusted.

Same here. No signal on Mac portable using Mac Os 10.5.8. USB ports work fine with other devices. Video and audio cables secure. Tried 2 vcrs. No luck. Disgusted.

Having same problem, I do get video but no sound? Hope Roxio can help us?

Did any of you ever get any help? I've just purchased the product and had no problem with the camcorder, but cannot get a signal when I use the VCR. Very disappointing.

Having same problem, I do get video but no sound? Hope Roxio can help us?

Same problem here. Just tried, for the first time, using Easy VHS to DVD for Mac after purchasing a physical copy a few weeks ago. When I opened the icon, I was prompted to download the upgrade to v1.03 supposedly to fix audio issues. I did so and when I tried to record/transfer an old Hi8 tape from the Hi8 camcorder, I got both video and audio at first, then lost the audio signal after about 10 seconds. I tried disconnecting, then reconnecting, but the same thing happened; video is fine, but audio is dropped after just a short time. Cables are brand new. It appears that the audio fix in didn't do much good.

Edited by scooper

First time I used the Easy VHS to DVD it worked like a charm. Now, without changing anything-not the tape player nor the connections from the VHS player to the Mac-whenever I play a tape, I get "no signal" for my video, though I can hear the audio fine. Any suggestions?

:angry: Wish I had read this before I bought the product! Got it today & all I get is "no signal". Guess it goes back!

:angry: Wish I had read this before I bought the product! Got it today & all I get is "no signal". Guess it goes back!

Have you tried calling Roxio Support 1-877-793-7471

I did get it to copy one video which my husband purchased. I wanted it for home videos, so I may have corrupted VHS tapes. It is very slow! Will keep trying on it, but thank you for the #.

I did get it to copy one video which my husband purchased. I wanted it for home videos, so I may have corrupted VHS tapes. It is very slow! Will keep trying on it, but thank you for the #.

Bumping this back to the top. I tried this phone # but the automessage states it doesn't serve Easy VHS to DVD. (Mac version 1.03, Macbook Pro 10.5.8) Adding my voice to the chorus (in the hope that someone's found a solution), I've tried everything I can think of with regard to certain "problem" tapes.

1) Many VHS-digital transfers work fine, right out of the box. I use a R-W-Y component cable.

2) Some VHS tapes, however, play video for a couple of moments, then drop out to "No Signal." The audio continues to come through fine.

3) I've tried this with 3 different VCR players, same issue.

4) I've tried with an S-video cable from the player to the EVD widget, same issue.

I wondered then if the tape is simply too old, too far gone...

5) I then played the same tape from the VCR to a TV, and it plays fine. (The TV, alas, doesn't have a video out option so I can't test the "pass through" idea someone else suggested in another thread.)

So... there's video signal enough to feed the TV, but not the EVD converter? Somehow that just doesn't seem to make sense. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks in advance.

Bumping this back to the top. I tried this phone # but the automessage states it doesn't serve Easy VHS to DVD. (Mac version 1.03, Macbook Pro 10.5.8) Adding my voice to the chorus (in the hope that someone's found a solution), I've tried everything I can think of with regard to certain "problem" tapes.

1) Many VHS-digital transfers work fine, right out of the box. I use a R-W-Y component cable.

2) Some VHS tapes, however, play video for a couple of moments, then drop out to "No Signal." The audio continues to come through fine.

3) I've tried this with 3 different VCR players, same issue.

4) I've tried with an S-video cable from the player to the EVD widget, same issue.

I wondered then if the tape is simply too old, too far gone...

5) I then played the same tape from the VCR to a TV, and it plays fine. (The TV, alas, doesn't have a video out option so I can't test the "pass through" idea someone else suggested in another thread.)

So... there's video signal enough to feed the TV, but not the EVD converter? Somehow that just doesn't seem to make sense. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks in advance.

I'll brave a best-guess response. It is possible that the old tapes are displaying a behavior that has the Roxio device thinking that the tape is Macrovision encoded. Macrovision added a certain distortion to a video which made it not able to be copied by most devices. I'm pretty sure Roxio made their device incapable of copying Macrovision-encoded tapes. So if your tape's playback is not entirely stable then that triggers the Roxio device to block the transfer. False Macrovision-like distortions are not uncommon.

You may want to get a video stabilizer to put between the VHS deck and the Roxio device. I bought a high-end one once and it beautifully rescued some badly distorted camcorder videos. I think these devices are still around and shouldn't be very expensive.

A trick you may already know is to leave your tapes played out to the end. Then before playing them do a fast rewind. Sometimes this helps stabilize the playback because the tape doesn't stick on the spools.

I'll brave a best-guess response. It is possible that the old tapes are displaying a behavior that has the Roxio device thinking that the tape is Macrovision encoded. Macrovision added a certain distortion to a video which made it not able to be copied by most devices. I'm pretty sure Roxio made their device incapable of copying Macrovision-encoded tapes. So if your tape's playback is not entirely stable then that triggers the Roxio device to block the transfer. False Macrovision-like distortions are not uncommon.

You may want to get a video stabilizer to put between the VHS deck and the Roxio device. I bought a high-end one once and it beautifully rescued some badly distorted camcorder videos. I think these devices are still around and shouldn't be very expensive.

A trick you may already know is to leave your tapes played out to the end. Then before playing them do a fast rewind. Sometimes this helps stabilize the playback because the tape doesn't stick on the spools.

Thanks for the reply; I think your best guess is pretty good. I'd already done the fast forward then fast rewind thing a couple of times to take up any slack/unstick the tape. Didn't seem to have any effect. I did unearth an old SIMA stabilizer I'd used ages ago and put that between the VCR and the Easy V2D widget and it did help some. I was able to see much of the video in the Easy V2D prep window, although it wasn't consistent (it would go to "no signal" now and again) and there was serious flashing (light to dark to light) of the image. I'm going to take this as a starting point and see about finding a newer stabilizer, perhaps with better ability to ride through whatever quirks these old tapes have.

Thanks for the reply; I think your best guess is pretty good. I'd already done the fast forward then fast rewind thing a couple of times to take up any slack/unstick the tape. Didn't seem to have any effect. I did unearth an old SIMA stabilizer I'd used ages ago and put that between the VCR and the Easy V2D widget and it did help some. I was able to see much of the video in the Easy V2D prep window, although it wasn't consistent (it would go to "no signal" now and again) and there was serious flashing (light to dark to light) of the image. I'm going to take this as a starting point and see about finding a newer stabilizer, perhaps with better ability to ride through whatever quirks these old tapes have.

Further to my post of a couple days ago: Rather than spring immediately for fancier (and costlier) stabilizers, I thought I would pursue something I read about "pass-through". Several threads here and there spoke about putting the VCR output into a video camera, then taking the camera output into the computer (via whatever avenue - I'm using Easy VHS to DVD with its USB input into my MacBook Pro). I couldn't lay hands on a video camera but I do have a DVR. How different could the process be? So I put the VCR output into the DVR input, the DVR output into the EasyV2D dongle, and lo and behold! The signal getting into the laptop is rock steady! No dropout, no flashing. I am a very happy camper - my thanks to everyone who's posted about this problem for the various clues.

Further to my post of a couple days ago: Rather than spring immediately for fancier (and costlier) stabilizers, I thought I would pursue something I read about "pass-through". Several threads here and there spoke about putting the VCR output into a video camera, then taking the camera output into the computer (via whatever avenue - I'm using Easy VHS to DVD with its USB input into my MacBook Pro). I couldn't lay hands on a video camera but I do have a DVR. How different could the process be? So I put the VCR output into the DVR input, the DVR output into the EasyV2D dongle, and lo and behold! The signal getting into the laptop is rock steady! No dropout, no flashing. I am a very happy camper - my thanks to everyone who's posted about this problem for the various clues.

Excellent! Thanks for posting this.

Hello I have a similar problem. I'm sorry to repeat what I am sure lots of people have said.

I have downloaded all the updates and have installed the software and dragged it into my applications folder. I have connected the Video Capture USB into the back of my Mac, and then connected the audio and video cables to the USB and then into a Scart Pin like the one shown in the picture as my VHS Player doesn't have a out video port. http://www.selectgadget.co.uk/sg/index.html?p=51679ce3738a69b94d40325e0e3d57db&m=1284754332219&a=/products&categoryid=68&stockid=187

I start the software and the video just says no signal, I have checked everything is playing correctly, and connected right. The VHS Player is in good working condition and my cables work fine connecting to other things. Have you any idea what the problem might be? Would it be because I am using a Scart Pin, or should that not make a difference?

I just paid a lot of money and really wanted this to work. :( Thanks

Hello I have a similar problem. I'm sorry to repeat what I am sure lots of people have said.

I have downloaded all the updates and have installed the software and dragged it into my applications folder. I have connected the Video Capture USB into the back of my Mac, and then connected the audio and video cables to the USB and then into a Scart Pin like the one shown in the picture as my VHS Player doesn't have a out video port. http://www.selectgad...=68&stockid=187

I start the software and the video just says no signal, I have checked everything is playing correctly, and connected right. The VHS Player is in good working condition and my cables work fine connecting to other things. Have you any idea what the problem might be? Would it be because I am using a Scart Pin, or should that not make a difference?

I just paid a lot of money and really wanted this to work. :( Thanks

Scart connectors have given many users problems on these forums.

As a quick test, try using a different source other than your VHS. Use a DVD player or a camcorder (no Scart connector) and see if you get a signal then.

Thanks I have tried it with a DVD player and it works, so I think the Scart is posing a problem for my VCR in order to work with the Mac, I might just have to try and borrow somebody else' which I can use without a Scart Lead. Thankyou

Thanks I have tried it with a DVD player and it works, so I think the Scart is posing a problem for my VCR in order to work with the Mac, I might just have to try and borrow somebody else' which I can use without a Scart Lead. Thankyou

Here's one that I have recommended and got positive feedback on and its a good price http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Phono-SCART-Switchable-cable/dp/B00006JCXU/ref=dp_cp_ob_ce_image_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1241109242&sr=8-1