• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator Problems

Marshall

Question

Can anyone help me?

I cannot activate the Online Music Database. In Label Creator, Under "Tools" and "Options," the boxes to activate Online Music Database can't be checked.

Also, the track duration is scrunched up against the track name. Earlier versions of Roxio left-align the track number and name and right-align the track duration.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Can anyone help me?

I cannot activate the Online Music Database. In Label Creator, Under "Tools" and "Options," the boxes to activate Online Music Database can't be checked.

Also, the track duration is scrunched up against the track name. Earlier versions of Roxio left-align the track number and name and right-align the track duration.

Thanks!

i have the same problem. have you solved the problem?

I did check the issue that you are having and did get the same response. I know one other person that this works for so it is not a bug. I'm trying to see what he is doing differently.

You may have to try to do the label in two steps. First use "Edit Song Information" to get the on-line data base to fill in the information, then use Auto fill from disc in either of the Labeling apps.

Edited by sknis

This was reported some time ago.

If EMC 9 is installed alongside Creator 2010, Label Creator in Creator 2010 does call gracenotes.

Work around if Creator 2010 is installed on its own:

Open music disc Creator, click import from CD (this calls gracenotes and fills in the track info). Then tools menu/Create disc labels and inserts, this opens express labeler. Click next twice then click edit in Label Creator. The track info will be there.

During import from CD in Music disc creator, you will be asked where it should save the tracks on your hard drive. When you close music disc creator, don't save the project (unless you want to), then a box will ask if you want to keep the files on the hard drive. If you don't want those, just let it delete them.

As for track details being scrunched up, the way I get that formatted as I like is to copy the track list. The copied version is editable (e.g. you can insert spaces to align the info as you want. Then cut the original track list and use the copy. It's a bit fiddly with some trial and error, but you can get the layout how you want it. Example (with two copies of the track list edited to show the required tracks in each part and with titles in text boxes between)

post-112-1263168282.png

Edited by jeanrosenfeld