Troubles Burning Disc

Spiro

Question

I'm having a similar issue. I've created my project using Creator Pro 2010 and I'm ready to burn. I'm using a 4.7GB DVD+R to burn a home movie. I'm at the menu that allows you to choose what drive, label the disc, and speed. When I go to choose my drive, which is my E:\_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.05, it says my disc drive is empty. Just for kicks, I tried putting my Blank DVD into my CD/DVD drive, which is not a writtable drive, and it still shows that my drive is empty. I've tried doing the PxEngine 4 fix, I've tried using the link Beerman put up, I've tried reinstalling Roxio and nothing seems to work. When I use the link Beerman puts up, the Microsoft Fix It tells me that my drive, listed above, is not capable of writing, which is wrong. I know I have a writtable DVD RW drive because the front of it says DVD R/RW. Do I not have the right type of blank disc, is there a step I'm missing? Please help because I am very frustrated! :angry:

9 answers to this question

I posted this problem a couple of days ago in another forum that is now locked. This was my original post.

I've created my project using Creator Pro 2010 and I'm ready to burn. I'm using a 4.7GB DVD+R to burn a home movie. I'm at the menu that allows you to choose what drive, label the disc, and speed. When I go to choose my drive, which is my E:\_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.05, it says my disc drive is empty. Just for kicks, I tried putting my Blank DVD into my CD/DVD drive, which is not a writtable drive, and it still shows that my drive is empty. I've tried doing the PxEngine 4 fix, I've tried using the link Beerman put up, I've tried reinstalling Roxio and nothing seems to work. When I use the link Beerman puts up, the Microsoft Fix It tells me that my drive, listed above, is not capable of writing, which is wrong. I know I have a writtable DVD RW drive because the front of it says DVD R/RW. Do I not have the right type of blank disc, is there a step I'm missing? Please help because I am very frustrated!

For some reason, Roxio MyDVD decided it wanted to randomly see the blank dvd I put in my drive. I tried burning my dvd and got to 97% and had a green check mark by everything except "complete" and it just sat there frozen for about an hour. Frustrated, I finally just shut down my computer and restarted, since nothing wanted to work. After restarting my computer, MyDVD decides to go on the fritz again and not see another blank dvd I put in my drive. I'm getting so sick of this problem. I know my drive can see discs because I use it all the time with music cds, movie dvds, etc. Can anyone help me?

I posted this problem a couple of days ago in another forum that is now locked. This was my original post.

For some reason, Roxio MyDVD decided it wanted to randomly see the blank dvd I put in my drive. I tried burning my dvd and got to 97% and had a green check mark by everything except "complete" and it just sat there frozen for about an hour. Frustrated, I finally just shut down my computer and restarted, since nothing wanted to work. After restarting my computer, MyDVD decides to go on the fritz again and not see another blank dvd I put in my drive. I'm getting so sick of this problem. I know my drive can see discs because I use it all the time with music cds, movie dvds, etc. Can anyone help me?

Your other thread (not forum) was closed because you stated that you were burning fine. So was that statement incorrect?

Edited by myguggi

Wow, yes I know I stated it was burning fine.

For some reason, Roxio MyDVD decided it wanted to randomly see the blank dvd I put in my drive.
means that MyDVD is working intermittenly. When I posted that I was burning fine, that was one of those moments where it worked. I do apologize for misusing the word forum, instead of thread. I figured there were more important points to my post other than that.

My problem still persists. Please read my original post for details and if you have any questions, ask.

Okay, well I guess its time for me to find a different program to use. Thanks for all the help.

Intermittent issues are generally related to hardware. Have you made attempts to physically disconnect/reconnect recorder etc. Do you have secondary recorder to isolate the issue? Also, trying to use different brand of DVD media would be a good idea.

Edited by firenhancer