• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier in Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6.0

alroxio

Hello,

I have been using Roxio Easy Cd & DVD Creator 6.0 for a long time and never had any problems until now.

I have a Dell Computer using Windows Home Editon XP SP2

Just recently I noticed when I click on the Desktop Icon the Program does not open. I have to go to my Start Menu under programs, find Roxio and select the features from there. I un-installed and re-installed the program and now I am able to open the program from the desktop. However, now when I try to open the Disc Copier feature it states the following:

Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders.Please ensure your recorders are properly connected.If the problem persist,please re-install Easy Cd Creator.

I have tried to re-install many times, I also uninstalled my Avira Anti-Virus Program and tried to reinstall Roxio Easy Creator but still get the same message.

I can't understand why this is happening, I could play CDs and DVDs in both CD/DVD Drives.

I also noticed that it does not recognize a blank disc when using Classic Creator.

Could anyone please help-I'd rather not upgrade to a newer version since I am familiar with this program and love the simple features.

Thank you,

Al

Hello,

I have been using Roxio Easy Cd & DVD Creator 6.0 for a long time and never had any problems until now.

I have a Dell Computer using Windows Home Editon XP SP2

Just recently I noticed when I click on the Desktop Icon the Program does not open. I have to go to my Start Menu under programs, find Roxio and select the features from there. I un-installed and re-installed the program and now I am able to open the program from the desktop. However, now when I try to open the Disc Copier feature it states the following:

Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders.Please ensure your recorders are properly connected.If the problem persist,please re-install Easy Cd Creator.

I have tried to re-install many times, I also uninstalled my Avira Anti-Virus Program and tried to reinstall Roxio Easy Creator but still get the same message.

I can't understand why this is happening, I could play CDs and DVDs in both CD/DVD Drives.

I also noticed that it does not recognize a blank disc when using Classic Creator.

Could anyone please help-I'd rather not upgrade to a newer version since I am familiar with this program and love the simple features.

Thank you,

Al

Try this....

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same problem as Al had. I downloaded the fix, but I have no idea what to do with it now that I've downloaded it. What do I do from here?

Jense

Go to were ever you saved the download, and click on it and follow directions.

Edited by ogdens

Go to were ever you saved the download, and click on it and follow directions.

thanks to each of you! I did unzip it and let it do its own thing, and it found its way to Roxio somehow, and the icon no longer says no recorder. I can even see what's on the disc. Thanks, folks - it's nice to have a good program running again even if Roxio doesn't support it any more.

Jense

• 4 weeks later...
Your welcome......I just provided you the link to the Roxio fix.

I joined this forum just for the chance to say thank you for this fix. I've been trying to get this software to recognize the drive that the software came with for a week! Support provided engine, product, and drive updates that had no effect. I was ready to uninstall for the last time when I searched the forum and found this.

Thank you very much for the link. I love this simple Creator 6 interface and can now use it again!

Sincerly,

Jeff brandt

Hi Jeff,

Would I be right in guessing that Support steered you to the version 4 PX engine updater which often doesn't work, rather than the version 3 installer [from the link above] which does work?

Hi Brendon,

I didn't start a Support ticket until I had tried to find a fix on my own. I searched the knowledge base for related errors but didn't find the exact problem. I finally found this site which had Creator 6 updates:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/ecddvdc/s...esv6_basic.html

I updated the Burning (Recording) Engine, the Creator Classic and Disc Copier, and finally the Drive Support to Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. None of those fixed the problem with Roxio not detecting a recordable device. I submitted a Support ticket and then took a chance on searching the Community, where I happened upon the link supplied by ogdens. Thanks again, I love the simple GUI and features of this version!

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...