Sign in to follow this  
mooblie

10.0.4 burns a Blu-ray for me, and hits FCP markers!

Question

As in the title - my initial tests indicate Toast v10.0.4 has fixed these two issues! Thanks Roxio!

I still need to test behaviour more thoroughly regarding the need for "additional" markers towards the end of a chapter, as my Panasonic BD-35 player won't skip beyond the last marker - so I put a "sacrificial marker" two seconds before the end of the chapter. But I believe that's not a Roxio/Toast issue, rather it might be a Blu-ray disc specification issue, or maybe even a Panasonic issue...

Thanks again!

Edited by mooblie

4 answers to this question

As in the title - my initial tests indicate Toast v10.0.4 has fixed these two issues! Thanks Roxio!

I still need to test behaviour more thoroughly regarding the need for "additional" markers towards the end of a chapter, as my Panasonic BD-35 player won't skip beyond the last marker - so I put a "sacrificial marker" two seconds before the end of the chapter. But I believe that's not a Roxio/Toast issue, rather it might be a Blu-ray disc specification issue, or maybe even a Panasonic issue...

Thanks again!

Thank-you Roxio for the very fast fix on the Blu-Ray bug and in bonus the chapters markers working from FCP.

Thank also to you moobile for your help in testing the new version of Toast 10.0.4.

Thank also to you moobile for your help in testing the new version of Toast 10.0.4.

Yes, thank you mooblie for the quick test results. It saves a lot of time and effort for many of us. I really appreciate this!

Edited by ComPH

Mooblie, how is the conversion speed of the 10.0.4? Did you notice speed improvement?

Mooblie, how is the conversion speed of the 10.0.4? Did you notice speed improvement?

I wouldn't swear to this but: I believe 10.0.4 was slightly slower than 10.0.3 at converting from Apple ProRes422 to Blu-ray. 10.0.3 took 2.0x realtime on my Mac, but 10.0.4 took 2.7x realtime. I couldn't say I noticed any difference in quality - at 25Mbps they're both equally good!

Maybe 10.0.4 is a little slower, as it's looking for FCP markers?? :)

-----

BTW: Re markers:

Further testing has shown that the problem I had earlier of Toast missing the first marker in a chapter seems to have been fixed too - I no longer need the "sacrificial" marker two seconds from the START of the chapter for Toast to ignore.

I do, however, as mentioned in my first post above, still need the marker two seconds in from the END of the chapter, so my Panasonic BD-35 will will behave properly when using skip forward (>>|) after the last marker - it then goes to the next chapter effectively. Without this marker two seconds in from the end, pressing >>| gives an "operation not available" message on my BD-35.

----

So, overall I'm happy with 10.0.4: thanks again Roxio!

Edited by mooblie