• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JAC99

Problem adding new background picture in MyDVD

Question

Hi

Has anyone experienced problems with MyDVD since Creator 2010 Service Pack 1 was installed?

I have recently updated 2010 with SP1 and found that I can no longer add my own picture as a backgound to a menu in MyDVD. I have also discovered that MyDVD projects which were created in previous versions of Creator i.e. EMC10 and C2010 pre SP1 which were fine at the time (and written to discs OK) when brought into MyDVD with SP1 applied now lose the background picture which cannot be reinstated.

This is extremely annoying!

So has anyone any idea what is going on? Is this a bug and if so what is the best way to report to Roxio? Is there anyway to get rid of SP1 or do I need to uninstall completely and reinstall C2010 without SP1?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

John

6 answers to this question

No not really seeing anything like what you describe as far as “Change Menu Background”.

As far as I know, Projects from EMC 10 will not work :huh:

Not really too worried about old EMC10 projects but certainly a problem in C2010 Pro with SP1.

This is what I have done:

Start MyDVD from main menu,

Open a new Project and get the default menu screen,

Go to Project Preferences and select 16:9 ratio,

Go to Change Menu Style and select new style (Cubes),

Go to Change Menu Background and then select the picture I need from its folder (a picture I have used many times before without problem),

BUT all that happens is that the background goes black.

I have tried other pictures both from the same and different folders with the same result, black screen.

Other menu features can be amended without problem e.g. Audio, text.

I have tried the above on another PC with C2010 Pro without SP1 and this works without problems.

Looks like I shall have to reinstall C2010 Pro without SP1 to overcome this issue.

John

Before you do something drastic, does it make a difference if you switch render mode from type to the other? That is, from MyDVD, select Tools|Options. Then check the other render selection. If Software is selected, check the Hardware. Otherwise, select Software.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Edited by malatekid

No I cannot reproduce that. I tried still pics as well as mpgs for the background and all play in Cubes…

2010 Pro – SP1 – Win7

Thanks for the suggestion re changing the rendering process, it seems to have cured the problem!

I had the setting on Software but changing it to Hardware permits the background picture to be displayed.

Changing back to Software rendering, the picture stays BUT when project written to disc, the background picture vanishes.

So the answer is to keep the rendering process as Hardware driven and not Software.

John

Glad to hear that one resolved the issue. Hopefully, that issue when using Software mode gets fixed in future SP.

Edited by malatekid