Easy VHS 2 DVD with Vista 64 bit

DonnieR

Question

15 answers to this question

What software have you installed?

You've posted in the EASY VHS TO DVD forum, but you labeled it "Easy DVD" which is something else.

If you have installed Easy VHS to DVD, please give us some details of your operating system and your hardware, and what happened when you installed and tried to open a program.

Otherwise it's like telling the mechanic over the phone "The car won't go" and hoping he will tell you step-by-step what to do.

What software have you installed?

You've posted in the EASY VHS TO DVD forum, but you labeled it "Easy DVD" which is something else.

If you have installed Easy VHS to DVD, please give us some details of your operating system and your hardware, and what happened when you installed and tried to open a program.

Otherwise it's like telling the mechanic over the phone "The car won't go" and hoping he will tell you step-by-step what to do.

Easy VHS to DVD

Installed - or so the install program says it is - on a Vista 64 bit laptop.

Intel Core 2 Duo - T6500 2.10 GHz

4 GB of RAM

After much grinding an humming of my DVD unit, the program said installed successfully.

There is an Easy VHS to DVD icon on my desktop. When I click it, the Red Roxio logo appears in the center of the screen for several seconds and then disappears. No program, or anything.

Try the same thing from the Star, All Programs menu and same results.

Helppppp

Easy VHS to DVD

Installed - or so the install program says it is - on a Vista 64 bit laptop.

Intel Core 2 Duo - T6500 2.10 GHz

4 GB of RAM

After much grinding an humming of my DVD unit, the program said installed successfully.

There is an Easy VHS to DVD icon on my desktop. When I click it, the Red Roxio logo appears in the center of the screen for several seconds and then disappears. No program, or anything.

Try the same thing from the Star, All Programs menu and same results.

Helppppp

What does "Try the same thing from the Star" mean?

Did you watch the installation?

Did it look like the link below?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=49170

Do you show the two Devices in Device manager (red arrows) and the drivers (two pics below the device manager pic) like the link shows?

cd

What does "Try the same thing from the Star" mean?

Did you watch the installation?

Did it look like the link below?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=49170

Do you show the two Devices in Device manager (red arrows) and the drivers (two pics below the device manager pic) like the link shows?

cd

Sorry - typo - START, All programs, menu

It looked like your link all the way down through the restart windows

I have the two items in add/remove programs screen

I have the two items on the device managers screen

I also have the driver info like your screen shots for both drivers.

Sorry - typo - START, All programs, menu

It looked like your link all the way down through the restart windows

I have the two items in add/remove programs screen

I have the two items on the device managers screen

I also have the driver info like your screen shots for both drivers.

DonnieR,

You're not alone- I'm going through the exact same thing. Toshiba Laptop, Vista 64, Turion X2, etc. I installed, and now when I try to start the program, I get only the ROXIO logo for a few seconds, like you said, then its gone. Also, my CD drive made a lot of racket during the second half of the install. I'm sure others here, more knowledgeable than me, know what's up with that, but I suspected my drive. It didn't sound good, but then I installed a printer from the same drive, with no problem (and no noise). I'm gonna check some of the things you were advised to check.

Bill

DonnieR,

You're not alone- I'm going through the exact same thing. Toshiba Laptop, Vista 64, Turion X2, etc. I installed, and now when I try to start the program, I get only the ROXIO logo for a few seconds, like you said, then its gone. Also, my CD drive made a lot of racket during the second half of the install. I'm sure others here, more knowledgeable than me, know what's up with that, but I suspected my drive. It didn't sound good, but then I installed a printer from the same drive, with no problem (and no noise). I'm gonna check some of the things you were advised to check.

Bill

Bill

Glad to hear it's not just me. Hopefully someone here will be able to help us sort it out.

Donnie

No one has any more suggestions? Do I just throw this $60 useless CD in the trash?

Not sure where the "easy" in Easy VHS to DVD comes in, but I've yet to see it. If the program will not even install "easy", I can't believe it's easy to use once you do actually get it installed.

OK

So it is clearly a problem with Roxio compatibility with Vista. I just installed on my old desktop that runs XP and it installed perfectly and started right up after rebooting the machine.

If you are going to sell a product that says compatible with Vista - at least make sure it works.

I've filed a help request with Roxio (last Friday) and no response from them thus far. Customer no service appears to be on vacation.

OK

So it is clearly a problem with Roxio compatibility with Vista. I just installed on my old desktop that runs XP and it installed perfectly and started right up after rebooting the machine.

If you are going to sell a product that says compatible with Vista - at least make sure it works.

I've filed a help request with Roxio (last Friday) and no response from them thus far. Customer no service appears to be on vacation.

wish i had windows xp

wish i had windows xp

I hear ya on the XP part. I am waiting on the win7 disc to come so I can switch to that. As far as the Roxio "EASY" vhs to dvd is concerned, I think we got burned (along with a lot of other unsuspecting folks). Then, I wonder if I'll want to trash up computer with this poorly designed product, when I get Win7 installed.

I, too am waiting on Customer Support (or service, or whatever) to respond. Some of the people here are very patient, some are insulting and rude. I guess that's life, but when someone starts yelling, I don't usually pay much attention, as they have left the realm of educating someone, and entered into their own little ego thing.

I'm not computer illiterate, but don't think I should have to make changes in my system registry, and jump through all these other hoops, without at least the assistance of a company rep. As I said, I'm a little uncomfortable letting someone other than that guide me through processes that could cause a lot of problems with my computer. If this program requires this much persuasion to just install, I can imagine the problems it could give if it ever does install properly. There are plenty of those scenarios on this board, too. I know that the large percentage of people that had success with this product won't be here, but the bottom line with me is; I'm getting no support from Roxio. I see that for a minimum of $23.00, they will answer the phone, but I can see that at their minute price from there, you could quickly spend more than original purchase price- just jumping through hoops that might get you nowhere. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sure a lot of consumers have come to the same conclusion, and then come here. Some find the help they need, but it appears that many do not. The helpful folks on this board should be commended for helping those that they can.

If I had purchased this product from a local store, I'm sure that they would refund my money. -Roxio, I'm not sure about, but plan to fund out.

either way, I am going to search for another program that will give better results. I can do without glitz, in the name of dependability and decent support when you need it.

I hear ya on the XP part. I am waiting on the win7 disc to come so I can switch to that. As far as the Roxio "EASY" vhs to dvd is concerned, I think we got burned (along with a lot of other unsuspecting folks). Then, I wonder if I'll want to trash up computer with this poorly designed product, when I get Win7 installed.

I, too am waiting on Customer Support (or service, or whatever) to respond. Some of the people here are very patient, some are insulting and rude. I guess that's life, but when someone starts yelling, I don't usually pay much attention, as they have left the realm of educating someone, and entered into their own little ego thing.

I'm not computer illiterate, but don't think I should have to make changes in my system registry, and jump through all these other hoops, without at least the assistance of a company rep. As I said, I'm a little uncomfortable letting someone other than that guide me through processes that could cause a lot of problems with my computer. If this program requires this much persuasion to just install, I can imagine the problems it could give if it ever does install properly. There are plenty of those scenarios on this board, too. I know that the large percentage of people that had success with this product won't be here, but the bottom line with me is; I'm getting no support from Roxio. I see that for a minimum of $23.00, they will answer the phone, but I can see that at their minute price from there, you could quickly spend more than original purchase price- just jumping through hoops that might get you nowhere. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sure a lot of consumers have come to the same conclusion, and then come here. Some find the help they need, but it appears that many do not. The helpful folks on this board should be commended for helping those that they can.

If I had purchased this product from a local store, I'm sure that they would refund my money. -Roxio, I'm not sure about, but plan to fund out.

either way, I am going to search for another program that will give better results. I can do without glitz, in the name of dependability and decent support when you need it.

I'm in the same boat and agree with you on the need to do so many tweaks to my system just to get a program to load. My old XP machine is not the one I want to work on as it is short on hard drive space.

I'm heading back to the drawing board and chalking this up to 60 bucks wasted.

I'm in the same boat and agree with you on the need to do so many tweaks to my system just to get a program to load. My old XP machine is not the one I want to work on as it is short on hard drive space.

I'm heading back to the drawing board and chalking this up to 60 bucks wasted.

Donnie-

Where did you purchase it? A Roxio chat person gave me a link to the Roxio dept that would refund my money- wrong. If I bought it from Roxio direct, they said they supposedly would, but I didn't. I got if off the buy.com store on e-bay. I sent buy.com a text today explaining my thoughts, and they promptly answered back requesting that I contact their computersales division, since I bought it online. I haven't had time, but will tomorrow. I still haven't got any response from Roxio Support. We'll see - at least buy.com was decent to communicate with. Even if they're just strokin me, its more response than I got from Roxio. I know that if I had purchased it from one of the local stores I deal with, Staples, Best Buy, etc, they would be glad to refund my money.

Anyway, just wondered if you might try returning it to the vendor that sold it to you.

Chat person also told me that this software will not work with Windows7- that doesn't sound like what I've been hearing here??? I have a free upgrade coming for Win7, came with my laptop, but don't know that I want to mess with this junky software. I get enough grief for free, without having to buy more.

Bill

Donnie-

Where did you purchase it? A Roxio chat person gave me a link to the Roxio dept that would refund my money- wrong. If I bought it from Roxio direct, they said they supposedly would, but I didn't. I got if off the buy.com store on e-bay. I sent buy.com a text today explaining my thoughts, and they promptly answered back requesting that I contact their computersales division, since I bought it online. I haven't had time, but will tomorrow. I still haven't got any response from Roxio Support. We'll see - at least buy.com was decent to communicate with. Even if they're just strokin me, its more response than I got from Roxio. I know that if I had purchased it from one of the local stores I deal with, Staples, Best Buy, etc, they would be glad to refund my money.

Anyway, just wondered if you might try returning it to the vendor that sold it to you.

Chat person also told me that this software will not work with Windows7- that doesn't sound like what I've been hearing here??? I have a free upgrade coming for Win7, came with my laptop, but don't know that I want to mess with this junky software. I get enough grief for free, without having to buy more.

Bill

I bought mine at Best Buy and I plan on taking it back this week-end and trying to get my money back.