• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ripping Mini DVDs

el dorado newbie

Question

10 answers to this question

The format is MPG--what I have been doing thus far is:

opening up Roxio

clicking on create DVD

add new movie

and then when I try to add the MPG, I get a screen that says "The file you are trying to use cannot be edited and has not been added."

The reason I am trying to work with the unfinalized version is that this was the only way I could get the video from the mini disk onto my hard drive. Now, I want to try to use Roxio to edit it.

The one disk that I finalized is not viewable on a DVD player or my computer now and I cannot get or view the video from it.

I am working with a Sony DVD810 mini DVD-R. When I called Sony and talked to them; they said the reason I can't see the finalized version is because I recorded to the end of the disk which takes away the ability to truly finalize. Apparently, I should have stopped recording 5 minutes before the end of the disk. I thought this was crazy. So this is why I tried working with the unfinalized material and figured if I could at least get it on my computer, maybe someone could help me.

Please help--this is video of my little boy's first birthday.

Yes, it is .mpg at the end. It does allow me to get the unfinalized video onto my computer. I can also use the Sony software to create a DVD. But I cannot use the Roxio software to edit it.

Maybe I am not trying to rip since I am already able to get the video onto my hard drive? I am new to this--my apologies. I want to use Roxio to edit the video and it won't because it says that it cannot edit the video.

Yes, it is .mpg at the end. It does allow me to get the unfinalized video onto my computer. I can also use the Sony software to create a DVD. But I cannot use the Roxio software to edit it.

Make it, rip it back to the PC, from the DVD the Sony software makes. Then edit it in VideoWave and reburn it to DVD...

cd

Unfortunately, it still tells me that I cannot edit.

What tells you you can't edit? Details please, not one-liners that explain nothing!

Read the camera manual, page 13, 16, and 135..

If you use a DVD - R and close the disc and it's a DVD Video compliant format/disc. Copy the contents of that disc to a folder on your hard drive and VideoWave will open it and you can edit it there.

cd

Sorry for the one liner--

I have saved the .mpg file to my hard drive. I open VideoWave and then clic on Add Photo/Video. Then I get a message that says "one or more files you are trying to add cannot be edited and have not been added."

As an alternative, I tried Importing it through VideoWave and did manage to get part of the same .mpg--but only part of it and no sound came with it.

Sorry for the one liner--

I have saved the .mpg file to my hard drive. I open VideoWave and then clic on Add Photo/Video. Then I get a message that says "one or more files you are trying to add cannot be edited and have not been added."

As an alternative, I tried Importing it through VideoWave and did manage to get part of the same .mpg--but only part of it and no sound came with it.

What .mpg file?

Videowave is telling you your file is not compliant! Start over after reading below.

Did you "Read the camera manual, page 13, 16, and 135"?

If you use a DVD - R and close the disc and it's a DVD Video compliant format/disc. Copy the contents of that disc to a folder on your hard drive and VideoWave will open it and you can edit it there.

Now if you do the above your DVD file structure will look like this, on the disc.

post-97-1257170775.jpg

I can't set your camera and copy the contents back to your hard drive from my location, YOU have to do it and do it correctly yourself!

cd