DG-DJ

can not rip audio from cd

Question

Here's one for you...seems I've stumped the tech support staff at Roxio. I am trying to rip a cd to mp3 files to my computer. Everytime I select a destination to save them in, I get an error code "{0} can not save tracks at your selected location. Please select another location." When I select to save to a differnt file or folder, I get the same error message. Any help would be appreciated. I am running a Dell Studio 1555, Vista 64 bit system with 6GB RAM.

11 answers to this question

Here's one for you...seems I've stumped the tech support staff at Roxio. I am trying to rip a cd to mp3 files to my computer. Everytime I select a destination to save them in, I get an error code "{0} can not save tracks at your selected location. Please select another location." When I select to save to a differnt file or folder, I get the same error message. Any help would be appreciated. I am running a Dell Studio 1555, Vista 64 bit system with 6GB RAM.

Why don’t you list what you have gone over with Roxio Support so we don’t waste our time…

Jim... per your request...info below.

Why don’t you list what you have gone over with Roxio Support so we don’t waste our time…

fbaubet 10/30/2009

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

What is the file atributes of the previous folder and please advise of file atributes of the folder you are now trying to save it to .

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

WebTicket 10/29/2009

Per your request below

We would like to see what is on your system.

Please use the steps below to submit your system information.

Go to Start button, and type 'msinfo32' in the 'Search' field at the bottom

Click the File menu, then click on Export

Export the file to a location of your choice as 'Msinfo32.txt'

Create a new ticket and attach the file 'Msinfo32.txt' to the web ticket

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

msinfo32.txt

fbaubet 10/29/2009

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

We would like to see what is on your system.

Please use the steps below to submit your system information.

Go to Start button, and type "msinfo32" in the "Search" field at the bottom

Click the File menu, then click on Export

Export the file to a location of your choice as "Msinfo32.txt"

Create a new ticket and attach the file "Msinfo32.txt" to the web ticket

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

Have you tried our online self-service tools?

RoxAnn & Knowledgebase - http://support.roxio.com

Discussion Groups - http://forums.support.roxio.com/

We are always looking for ways to improve so please click on the link below to complete our online support survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gogk...2fyt0p0pg_3d_3d

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate the feedback

WebTicket 10/28/2009

Yes. I was able to rip the files using windows media player and was able to sve the files.

The only problem doing that is that program doesn't grab title and artist info and I'd have to manually enter everything. Any other ideas?

sploppert 10/28/2009

If you rip the files using windows media player are you able to sve the files?

WebTicket 10/27/2009

Ok..clean out temp files, still getting same erroe code "{0} cannot save tracks at your selected location." Any other ideas? The odd thing is I had successfually copied 4 or 5 Cd's prior to this. I always got that error code, but if i saved to anoter folder or file, it would save. Now, no matter where I try to save, I get the same error code.

ddalessandro 10/27/2009

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care

It may be possible that your temp files are full and it is causing problems or you have a service built in to your security suite which has taken control of your temp files.

Some Antivirus utilities contain programs which periodically clean these folders.

Let's clean them manually and see if that solves this issue.

1) Please go to your Windows Start Menu and select run, in the run box type "temp" without the quotes and hit enter, a window should appear, delete as many of the files in that directory as possible. Any files that are still in use will be locked by windows, just work around them. This is OK. When that is done close the window. Please go to step 2, note it is almost identical, so don't be confused.

2) Please go to your Windows Start Menu and select run, in the run box type "%temp%" without the quotes and hit enter, a window should appear, delete as many of the files in that directory as possible. Any files that are still in use will be locked by windows just work around them. This is OK. When that is done close the window.

Regards,

Roxio Customer Care

WebTicket 10/27/2009

•Provide the exact error code (if available)."{0} cannot save tracks at your selected location."

•If you were working on a project, describe what kind of project. Trying to rip audio tracks from CD convert to mp3 and put on hard drive

•What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? CD wav

•Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? unable to start project

•Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? Yes. Normally, if I save to a different folder, it works. This time, no matter where I try to save the files, i get the error message.•Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc). No last program put in was new Roxio 10

NOTE: Just installed Roxio update 10-29-09

Tell us about your computer

•Operating System (including service packs): Windows Vista service pack 1

•Make:Dell

•Model: Studio 1555

•Video card

•Processor speed: P8600 @2.40GHz

•RAM: 6gb

•Free hard drive space: 163GB

•I last did a Windows/Macintosh update on: 10/15/09

sploppert 10/26/2009

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate the feedback

WebTicket 10/24/2009

I am trying to copy tracks from CD to my harddrive using rip. No matter what destination i select to save files to, I keep getting a "{0} cannot save tracks at your selected location." Any thoughts on what the problem is? i have had this problem off and on since i installed the software. I can not convert any CD tracks to mp3. I have tried several different CD's and several different foldes. I am running Vista Home Premium on a Dell Studio 1500.

I would try two free programs then, EAC Exact Audio Copy and Cdex...

cd

I would try two free programs then, EAC Exact Audio Copy and Cdex...

cd

Why would I use a different program? I just paid $100 bucks for Roxio. I've been using their programs for years and they have always been able to do the job for me. I find it hard to believe in 2009 that they have come out with a new program that doesn't work as well as programs released 2-3 years ago.

Why would I use a different program? I just paid $100 bucks for Roxio. I've been using their programs for years and they have always been able to do the job for me. I find it hard to believe in 2009 that they have come out with a new program that doesn't work as well as programs released 2-3 years ago.

To see if you have the same problem with a different software, they are FREE!

Because

I've stumped the tech support staff at Roxio. I am trying to rip a cd to mp3 files to my computer. Everytime I select a destination to save them in, I get an error code "{0} can not save tracks at your selected location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe not, ha?

cd

Did anyone ever get this problem fixed, I tried the temp and %temp%, no change? I have the same issue, works in 9, not in 2010. Thanks.

Did anyone ever get this problem fixed, I tried the temp and %temp%, no change? I have the same issue, works in 9, not in 2010. Thanks.

Which of the two applications for ripping CDs are you using? I prefer "Rip-Advanced" What format are you importing to? try wav if that is not what you are using. Are you ripping to your "C" drive or something else? How much free space do you have on that drive? Have you double checked the setting to make sure they are set up the way you want?

Did you install SP2 for Creator 2010?

What audio card/chip do you have? Have you updated the drivers for it?

IS there anything special about that CD? Is it an enhanced CD?

Edited by sknis

Which of the two applications for ripping CDs are you using? Rip

I prefer "Rip-Advanced" What format are you importing to? MP3

try wav if that is not what you are using.

Are you ripping to your "C" drive or something else? Another hard drive, 77 GB storage left

How much free space do you have on that drive? Have you double checked the setting to make sure they are set up the way you want? Yes

Did you install SP2 for Creator 2010? Yes

What audio card/chip do you have? Have you updated the drivers for it?

NVIDIA nFOrce 4 Serial ATA, not sure

IS there anything special about that CD? Is it an enhanced CD? No.

Got it to work on WAV, MP3 was working a few days ago and just started working again, wierd. I updated DVIX, wonder if that did something. Thanks for your help.

This error is a software bug and is incorporated in version 2011 & 2012.

Some CDs will be ripped with no issues, others cannot be ripped.

It is not a computer error.

Unfortunately Roxio were unable to rectify the problem before releasing the '2012' edition.

Screenprint below.

http://my.jetscreens...8-roeb-94kb.jpg

20121028-roeb-94kb.jpg