• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Dialing Home

da_mccoy

Question

Recently purchased v2009 from Amazon and I'm fine with it. My concern is every time I activate it v2009 dials home. That may be fine for most people, but I live in rural America and am still on an antique DUN so I have to control the connection process. I have unticked every entry on the interface I can find related to connecting to the Internet without relief. I even registered the application, something I normally do not do. Suggestions?

DA

19 answers to this question

Not completely sure what is doing it but one place to look is in the Home app – Tools – Preferences.

This is from 2010 but it is similar in 2009:

post-39730-1257084529.jpg

Make sure that one for “Check for updates at start of application” as well as “Display relevant product information and offers from Roxio” are not checked.

Let us know it that fixes it for you? Those two can suck the life out of a Modem like a vampire!!! :o

Recently purchased v2009 from Amazon and I'm fine with it. My concern is every time I activate it v2009 dials home. That may be fine for most people, but I live in rural America and am still on an antique DUN so I have to control the connection process. I have unticked every entry on the interface I can find related to connecting to the Internet without relief. I even registered the application, something I normally do not do. Suggestions?

DA

DA

Not sure, I have so many programs and have installed and uuninstalled so many times, I often forget ewhich one does what.

When you installed was there a section that asked you for looking up CD information? If so, then it might be diealing up to search for the CD Info. Not home to re enact or to check, I posted in hopes of maybe giving a starting point.

When this concern began I reviewed the settings in the Home> Tools> Options. I unchecked the "check for updates on startup" and the "enable audio disk download". I failed to find any other Internet related entry. When I activate the application it connects to the Internet. It appears to be related to the right pane containing the "Why Upgrade", "Support" and "Tutorial" tabs containing hot links.

DA

Edited by da_mccoy

When this concern began I reviewed the settings in the Home> Tools> Options. I unchecked the "check for updates on startup" and the "enable audio disk download". I failed to find any other Internet related entry. When I activate the application it connects to the Internet. It appears to be related to the right pane containing the "Why Upgrade", "Support" and "Tutorial" tabs containing hot links.

DA

I don't know what version of the software you have, but I don't see both of those choices on 1 screen. Click on the Home screen, then uncheck the Display Relevant Product.....

I don't see the auido option, until I click on the CD lookup tab.

Edited by grandpabruce

Firenhancer

When you install choose the CUSTOM INSTALL option and as you go through the features to select or to not select, there may be (I have ECM 9 and there was) an option for looking up CD titles or something to that affect or it may have said to use the CCB Service. DO NOT Select that option.

I am on dial up and I have disabled any auto dial feature that is for any reason, so it doesn't take a month of Sundays to do a simple chore.

Firenhancer

When you install choose the CUSTOM INSTALL option and as you go through the features to select or to not select, there may be (I have ECM 9 and there was) an option for looking up CD titles or something to that affect or it may have said to use the CCB Service. DO NOT Select that option.

I am on dial up and I have disabled any auto dial feature that is for any reason, so it doesn't take a month of Sundays to do a simple chore.

Creator 2009 is not the same as EMC9.

Edited by firenhancer

Creator 2009 is not the same as EMC9.

I know it is not the same as ECM 9 but does most everything the same way as ECM 9 does, just some different features etc.

Does it have a CD mode for making CDs or copying from CDs? If it does, then it probably has the CD lookup feature that has been around for several versions of Creator, from 5 on up.

I Installed ECM 9 without the feature, but I am still able to click on a little icon and have the featured turned on manually. It will look up Song Titles, artists etc and print them in my CD list.

If you are not able to copy CDs, make Music Cds etc, disregard my post.

Edited by Wingwiper

I know it is not the same as ECM 9 but does most everything the same way as ECM 9 does, just some different features etc.

Does it have a CD mode for making CDs or copying from CDs? If it does, then it probably has the CD lookup feature that has been around for several versions of Creator, from 5 on up.

I Installed ECM 9 without the feature, but I am still able to click on a little icon and have the featured turned on manually. It will look up Song Titles, artists etc and print them in my CD list.

If you are not able to copy CDs, make Music Cds etc, disregard my post.

EMC 9 is completely different from Creator 2009, your comparisons are useless to this thread and confusing…

Mr Hardin

I have gone and read about Creator 9. I looked up Creator 10 features and it says and has a screen dump of the page, where it AUTOMATICALLY will name songs for you and on the page where it talks about that, it shows a CD Photo Tag of the WHO. How did it get the image of the Who Album if it didn't auto dial and get it from the CDDB service or some similiar like service?

I have used many versions of Roxio Creator to make CDs and the CDDB Lookup feature has saved me a lot of typing of the song titles etc. Are you telling me that Roxio now has a resident library on the Install CD of all the Song titles and Album Images? Then maybe I am not the one confused. :blink: How does the MUSIC ID work in 10 and what did it have in 9?

"Internet connection required for registration, product updates, and some features. "

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/suite/music.html

Once you open this link, click on the image to see a larger blow up image with the WHO Track Art etc. How did creator 10 obtain it?

Edited by Wingwiper

Mr Hardin

I have gone and read about Creator 9. I looked up Creator 10 features and it says and has a screen dump of the page, where it AUTOMATICALLY will name songs for you and on the page where it talks about that, it shows a CD Photo Tag of the WHO. How did it get the image of the Who Album if it didn't auto dial and get it from the CDDB service or some similiar like service?

I have used many versions of Roxio Creator to make CDs and the CDDB Lookup feature has saved me a lot of typing of the song titles etc. Are you telling me that Roxio now has a resident library on the Install CD of all the Song titles and Album Images? Then maybe I am not the one confused. :blink: How does the MUSIC ID work in 10 and what did it have in 9?

"Internet connection required for registration, product updates, and some features. "

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/suite/music.html

Once you open this link, click on the image to see a larger blow up image with the WHO Track Art etc. How did creator 10 obtain it?

This doesn’t have anything to do with what was asked by da mccoy…

I will see if I can get this portion deleted from the thread.

Mr Hardin

It has EVERYTHING to do with his post, I too have a DIAL UP CONNECTION and that is why I disabled the feature from autodialing the lookup service.

Also Mr Hardin, FYI the ONLY place I was able to disable that feature in ALL previous versions of Creator was if I chose the Custom Install feature and unchecked it. It has not been accessible by any other means, that I can recall.

I would have thought you would have understood that and been able to take over where I left off and helped him out.

You may recognize it by GRACENOTE and not CDDB

Edited by Wingwiper

Sorry to be away. Work has been demanding lately.

I did originally forget to report that I had already unchecked the "Display Relevant Product....." entry.

Again, when I activate the application it dials up my DUN and connects to the Internet. It appears to be related to the right interface pane containing the "Why Upgrade", "Support" and "Tutorial" tabs containing hot links. I say this as the circular arrow turns until the pane loads. It appears all the hot links on the tabs are Internet connected rather than on-board.

DA

Sorry to be away. Work has been demanding lately.

I did originally forget to report that I had already unchecked the "Display Relevant Product....." entry.

Again, when I activate the application it dials up my DUN and connects to the Internet. It appears to be related to the right interface pane containing the "Why Upgrade", "Support" and "Tutorial" tabs containing hot links. I say this as the circular arrow turns until the pane loads. It appears all the hot links on the tabs are Internet connected rather than on-board.

DA

Do your Preferences look like the picture I posted in Post #2?

Similar, but different. A typical interface display change when releasing a new version.

The window information you present displays off the Creator 9 Toolbar: Tools>Options>Home tab. The only listings I have checked are the two same as yours. On the sub-tab CD Lookup I have the "Enable audio disk information download" unchecked. I do not see any other offering at any location associated with the Internet.

DA

Similar, but different. A typical interface display change when releasing a new version.

The window information you present displays off the Creator 9 Toolbar: Tools>Options>Home tab. The only listings I have checked are the two same as yours. On the sub-tab CD Lookup I have the "Enable audio disk information download" unchecked. I do not see any other offering at any location associated with the Internet.

DA

da_mccoy,

1st pic below is everything checked in Roxio Craetor 2009 Home, Tools, Options, Home...

2nd pic below is the same with the top four unchecked. Notice the 'online' bottom left and the bottom Roxio advertisement gone...

3rd pic below, shows the Why Upgrade window, Tutorials, and Support window, not phoning home. I have to go into my firewall and set it.

4th and 5th pic below is showing the Roxio Application I use my Fire Wall to Prevent Access for that application. Only way I can get the window on the right (Why Upgrade window, Tutorials, and Support window, not phoning home) shut down...

6th pic below show the Home CD, Lookup, Enable audio disc information download. Only phones when you use it in a audio application and the way I have my Fire Wall set I have to approve it..

I do not see any other offering at any location associated with the Internet.

Correct, I don't either...

Let us know how this works out for you..

post-97-1257982444.jpg

post-97-1257982448.jpg

post-97-1257982772.jpg

post-97-1257983063.jpg

post-97-1257983068.jpg

post-97-1257983483.jpg

cd