Color shift at transitions videowave

treehousemann

Question

Happy Halloween all!

Hey has anyone else noticed a color shift right at transitions when outputting to MPEG 2 HD files from videowave? Its weird. Its right at transitions for about the length of the transition when using dissolves. The original source is MPEG 2 HD as well. So I am using the "Same as Original" for the output and using the "transition Theme" option and choosing dissolves. It is very noticeable to me at least, but apparently no one else. I don't see it in the preview of videowave, but it exists in the file export.

Any info would be appreciated!!

Tim

4 answers to this question

Happy Halloween all!

Hey has anyone else noticed a color shift right at transitions when outputting to MPEG 2 HD files from videowave? Its weird. Its right at transitions for about the length of the transition when using dissolves. The original source is MPEG 2 HD as well. So I am using the "Same as Original" for the output and using the "transition Theme" option and choosing dissolves. It is very noticeable to me at least, but apparently no one else. I don't see it in the preview of videowave, but it exists in the file export.

Any info would be appreciated!!

Tim

What do you mean by a "colour shift right"? :blink:

Hey Walt

What I mean is the picture's resolution goes from a nice rich clear HDV picture to a washed out white ish shot right before and after the dissolve transition. It's as if a portion of the shot leading into and out of the transition becomes SD for a few frames as oppose to HDV. Its very noticeable in the final file export but not in the preview of course.

Is it possible that with dissolves or transitions they are SD even when working with an HDV format?

Tim

Edited by treehousemann

Hey Walt

What I mean is the picture's resolution goes from a nice rich clear HDV picture to a washed out white ish shot right before and after the dissolve transition. It's as if a portion of the shot leading into and out of the transition becomes SD for a few frames as oppose to HDV. Its very noticeable in the final file export but not in the preview of course.

Is it possible that with dissolves or transitions they are SD even when working with an HDV format?

Tim

Update your Video Card driver lately?

One user has reported a problem with the Nvidia 8.16… whereas rolling back to 7.11…. fixed it.

The symptoms were similar so it might warrant looking at.